HOW MUCH WEIGHT AN4 BOLT ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW MUCH WEIGHT AN4 BOLT ???

G"Day Gents,How much weight can you hang off a AN4 bolt with a thick nylock in tension?Like the main spindal bolt..Jesus Bolt.So with a AN4 being used in a similar weight carrying position how much weight and How much G load or shock impact will it sustain before it lets go?I know it"s not the best way to hang something from a bolt but I need the numbers if anyone can help.Cheers,Mitch.

M i i i i tch...What size bolt??Shear or Tension?Tensile Pre-load amount??Need figures before response...You could check under google on the matter, but I wouldn"t trust the figure off the web unless it was the manufacturer"s own web site.Photo of what you are trying to do might help.Always try to design for less than 50MPa, that way it will never fatigue [steel only!!]Cheers,Nic.

Comment

I reckon you could hang the biggest bull you could find Mitch and it wouldnt bend however, I seem to re call something like 9 tons to bend it.Tim

Comment

Hey Nick, Brian,See attached. Allan"s framed up Goodwin first Pic. Very High seat position. Required manufacture push pull stick. Elec start, no pull start probs.Second pic is how I tackled the problem for my situation. I am taller and have the forward pedal position. So Allan"s setup puts my head up into the MLS and feet just reach the pedals. So the setup I have keeps my seating position close to where it was. I can install a Pump Stick with slightly longer horizontal section

Comment

i have in my possesion an "Äviaquip"product cd, it shows the data for AN3 through to AN8 and rates the steel at Minimum strength of 125000 psi, dont know how or in what way, but someone may know.can send any of the pdf"s by email to anyone who has a genuin need for it. Handy for making up your own part numbers for bolts etc. makes ordering the correct lengths etc easy.

Comment

G"Day Sam,I"ve done business with Aviaquip...Tim isn"t that the main sale bloke there. Anyway I to have the disc it"s handy for sure.My question was more a case of look at what I want to do and tell me if the AN4 bolt in tension on that seat tank frame with that style of fixings, is going to be safe with me a 20 gallons of fuel. Take into account we are not wanting to bang the gyro in and that I dont use G Force Landing Gear on my Monarch Butterfly.Cheers thankyou for the offer.Mitch.

Comment

Check this link our MitchInterestinghttp://www.mechanicsupport.com/articleBoltTensileStrength.htmlRegards Sam......

Comment

Great site Sam and an excellent reference point.Looking at their data.....I have plenty of fudge factor built into the mechanical support I have. fine thread and thick nut, also using the high tensile braod fender type washer on top with the standoffs to further spread the downloadCheers,Mitch

Comment

Working...
                X