I need a Fuel Level Indicator for a Minty Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Fuel Level Indicator for a Minty Tank

I need an electronic fuel level indication for a Minty tank. I have an instrument that is compatible with both resistive and capacitive level senders.What is the best type of sender to use??? What brand model etc.Any help would be appreciatedRoss B

RossI"ve got the minty tank and I just use a thin piece of fuel hose like fishtank air hose size and a navman fuel 2100 like you had in the newo you trained me in.

Comment

Hey Dean where did you get your fuel flow meter from?Elwynne

Comment

Hi Elwynne,I got my fuel flow meter from Lenny at Ulladulla Ship Shape.

Comment

Another solution would be to mount a "tube" to the back of the tank interconnected to tank at the top and bottom. Then install a Goodwin style pickup in the tube. VDO also make tube style pickups of varying lengths to suit different height tanks.

Comment

Thanks Dean.G"Day Tim, when you say "tube style pickups" is that some type of level sensor fitted into the tube ???Elwynne

Comment

G"day Elwynne.Goodwin sender units are approx half inch in diameter and the depth of the tank. They have a six hole mounting flange at the top to secure them. I think the tube is aluminium with a "capacitance" wire or insert inside.The vdo units are available in various lengths and are approx one and a half inches in diam with a top mounting flange. I do not know what is inside them.Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Tim, I"ll look into it a bit more.Elwynne

Comment

Working...
                X