Spark Plugs for the 582 engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plugs for the 582 engine.

Looking at some internet data, the recommended plugs for an upright 582 engine is NGK-B8ESWhen I got this engine it had NGK BR8ES....resistor type. Not required if you have resistor caps, which I thought the 582 Blue head motor has.Contact a fella in the US and he said that he always uses the BR8ES, although I thought I read somewhere if you run both res caps and BR8ES plugs then you diminish the spark?Can you blokes advise what plugs you are running. Elise just picked me up 8 of the NGK-B8ES.Thanks

I use br8es. I don"t have resister caps. I tried to order resister caps but was told that ngk don"t do them in Australia.

Comment

Turns out you must use BR8ES with CDI engines."The recommended spark plugs for the Rotax 277, Rotax 377, Rotax 447, Rotax 503, Rotax 532, Rotax 582 are the NGK B8ES series or the NGK BR8ES ( the R in the spark plug denotes it is a resistor plug and should be used in all of the CDI ignition engines. "Elise is changing mine out tomorrow back to BR8ES.Thanks.

Comment

Mitch,Damn long time ago now, but i remember something about the plugs, something about the colour of the packet believe it or not, i "think" the red or maron colour box was the best, there was a yellow box plug, all the same numbers same type of plug, but i absolutely remember the yellow box ones would start playing up after about 10hr, the other type were good for 25-50 hrs, cant remember how often your sposed to change the plugs now either.Might be worth looking into also.If the br8es plugs were sposed to be used that maybe why i could never get a radio to work

Comment

Thanks Bones.Got in the saddle the other day and doing a test call to Nudge, all good for about 10 seconds then started playing up again. In 5 years I"ve never had a setup work for any length of time. Bloody radio comms. >I am running currently the BR8ES, so that"s not the cause of my probs.Had a VHF UHF setup with a modulation box. Head set in helmet is not GA. Dicky from the start. Sent the mod box and PTT Switch etc, to get it running for VHF only and keep it simple, got a new PTT switch, replaced the plug in socket on the radio,

Comment

I run a vertex on my new and old gyro.

Comment

If you had the problems with the jack pin socket that I have you might not say that Dean.I have done some searches and the plug hole is a weak point and often needs replacing, as it did on mine and in less time than most. In some cases the socket had been replaced more than once.The radio works fine.

Comment

Dean,What helmet or head set are you running and with what other equipment/accesories etc.???Mine is run through a modulation box and a PTT switch and the 2 vertex GA plug adaptors.........nothing but grief....help me if you can.Mitch

Comment

Working...
                X