No announcement yet.

Additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi AllGraham, whilst I agre with you on the info regarding TP filters. Please don"t for a minute believe that clean oil is good oil. The fact that these type filters do such a great job, makes it paramount you still maintain regular oil changes. Filters are there preventing foreign material from reentering into your lubrication system, oil additives such as zinc, calcium, phosphorous etc attach themselves to the foreign particles so the fact the filters work so well actually depletes these additives. Sure the oil looks nice and clean,but is it still performing its primary function to its optimum level? Oil DOES NOT have an infinite life regardless of how clean it looks. Sure good filters assist in damage prevention, but I still stand by my statement that regular oil changes promote longevity.Sure filters that remove foreign matter/water etc on airlines etc, well thats a whole different story.CheersDarren

Comment

from a motorcycle site

PTFE is the most popular of the “cool” motorcycle oil additives because it was heavily marketed in the 1980s and 1990s as the “slickest substance on earth”. These are the Teflon additives that you may have heard of.
      Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Working...
      X