Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's good enough for a "Boomps-a-daisy!" landing gear for a novice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good enough for a "Boomps-a-daisy!" landing gear for a novice?

Hi all,Now, we all know that the standard Benson/Brock gyrocopter was designed for the average Joe with a few bits of aluminium, a drill, a socket set and a bad attitude, so he had maingear that consists of a simple cross-bar of aluminium.I"ve noticed that most people ditch this idea in favour of a few lengths of tube steel and some springs.I"ve noticed a couple, however, that have the standard Benson/Brock cross-bar but with some flat spring steel at the the end, which the maingear is attached to.I"m guessing that the standard Benson/Brock cross-bar design perhaps won"t stand up to the odd "Oopsie!" that is likely in early days.For a novice looking at a simple gyro to wind up the hours on, is the added spring steel an acceptable/effective alternative to the three bits of tube steel and shock-absorbing springs, or is this best left for a more seasoned pilot?Thanks.

ZoinksAlso consider what types of strips you will be using. If they are rough, it"s best to have some form of suspension.Ross B

Comment

Working...
    X