powerfull breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerfull breaks

Gday all looking for advice/opinion on what i can do about getting some powerfull mains breaks on a rosco, i havent rung rosco yet guessing he only does nose wheel breaksany ideas welcomewolfy

Hey Wolfy,Is that powerfull brakes or are ya trying to break rosscoe"s heart.These might be interesting, found em by accident.They also come with heel and toe masters. Aussie dollars pretty good right now

Comment

Ha Ha yeh thanks mate they look the goodsanyone have any experience whith thesewolfy

Comment

Anyone tried those black max brakes would like to know about there holding power, hoping to hold a 100horse rotax till 4000 or till wheels are skiding any ideaswolfy

Comment

, i havent rung rosco yet guessing he only does nose wheel breaksany ideas welcomei used to have differential main breaks that i could easily lockup, but they aint worth jacs wen you rrpm is getn up there coz theres buggerall weight on um. Theyd just skid at bout 3500 erpm.Roscos nose break is the go, with a bita tweekn, mainly coz theres plenty of weight onit. Mine will hold till 4500erpm.All you need isa bit more leaverage on the cable, like a ratchit break handle offa suzuki.The nose wheel and backstick will hold [nearly]

Comment

good on ya mate cheers, i have often thought of that (wieght transfer to front) just never thought youd get the power from such a small drum any idea what model suzuki has a ratchit handle, and do you also lengthen the lever on the drum (except you then need more cable travel) or is

Comment

Solong as the leaver on the hub is set on the spline so"s the cable is pulln at 90*, youll only need bout 2" of cable travel to lock it up, and you get max leaverage on the drum.i used the break handle out a 1983 suzuki 4x4, but any ratchit type with a min of 2" of pull, to bout 12" of hand travel will give you plenty of leaverage. Mite need a heavier cable inner too.

Comment

Mite need a heavier cable inner too.Not to mention some one whos handy on the soldering iron too, so you dont have to pull it all apart and redo it 3 times ayyy ;D ;D

Comment

Ah rodga for some reason i was thinking motorbike ratchit handle would be looking for a while for one of those,grader on autopilot today daydreaming thinkin how easy it would be to flip hub lever 180* and use a small slave cylinder pushing lever for finger light hydraulic brakes but simple is bestsounds like the ferral should be called wasa tocheers

Comment

Ah rodga for some reason i was thinking motorbike ratchit handle would be looking for a while for one of those,grader on autopilot today daydreaming thinkin how easy it would be to flip hub lever 180* and use a small slave cylinder pushing lever for finger light hydraulic brakes but simple is bestsounds like the ferral should be called wasa tocheersThe ferral has always been ferral with Birdy around it.Graeme.

Comment

Working...
                    X