Polyurethane Flexible Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polyurethane Flexible Drive

Hi all,looking to make a flexible drive out of Sikaflex.Have eight sleeves as pictured, interlaced with either stainless wire or very strong twine as in builders string (any other ideas),create a mould, then fill with either Sikaflex or a two pac urethane. Thoughts please.loafar

Hey LoafarLuv your knitting Looks very much like a "K Flex" on the 407 but as I understand it you are going to immerse the whole lot in some silicon based medium.All points appear to be connected and as such I doubt if there will be any flex in a rotational sense. There will be flex in

Comment

Belt wont work!.Not enough meat around the edge.I am thinking to join all bolts with stainless wire to keep them separated from the internal section. The internal is the connected by strong twine to the bolts.Basicaly the same as the Con Belt.Pic attached
      Attached Files

Comment

What are you trying to make? seriously

Comment

What you really want is a "Centaflex-A" type cush drive coupling.All you have to do is decide which one to use and what power, rpm, etc that you require it to handle.I suspect that trying to make one is doomed to failure, wire has no give at all and will almost certainly snap.Another option that I know has been used in some PSRU"s is the centre system like from a manual car clutch plate with either rubber cushions or springs.There is another reason that is often overlooked resonance, here is an article about PSRU design, it highlights issues to do with resonance.PSRU Zen I think this is well worth a read for better understanding about gearbox"s.I hope this helps.BTW, Bones is right though seriously ???

Comment

Working...
          X