poli-carbonate windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poli-carbonate windscreen

I am about to install a poli-carbonate windscreen to a carbon fibre cabin and can"t purchase the recomended 995 dow corning adhesive. Does anyone out there know of a good substitute? I don"t want to use screws and have no desire to have the screen pop out in flight!

I am about to install a poli-carbonate windscreen to a carbon fibre cabin and can"t purchase the recomended 995 dow corning adhesive. Does anyone out there know of a good substitute? I don"t want to use screws and have no desire to have the screen pop out in flight!Max, we just used car windscreen sealant that the auto glass people use when changing an auto windscreen. We were using an acrylic screen to fibre glass.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your reply on that one.

Comment

Hi MaxThe GTG Boys (from memory) use a high strength Polyurethane Adhesive/Sealant made by Sika but known as Sikaflex-227 (I think) May be worth having a chat with Alistair or Geoff.http://www.gtgyroplanes.com.au/about.htmlCheers SamL............

Comment

Thanks Sam, Iv"e used sikaflex 227 with primer. Iv"e got a krusa cabin. The hardest part of the whole project is designing the door hinges. Iv"e seen photos of the krusa but not seen one close up, so can"t steal the idea. Could use some minature rod ends but it would not look sexy. Have studied helicopter hinges but they cheat and make the door post straight. I"m developing an inferiority complex and starting to dream of walking down the street and finding myself naked.

Comment

Hi MaxHave a look at the RCA Promotional video on UTube. It kicks off with a closeup of the GT Gyroplanes sticker on the nose of the machine. Also in the shot is one of the door hingers.Hope this helps.Second option is to have the boys ship a set off to you (since its a KRUZA cabin & doors)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3rq...=relmfuRegards SamL.................

Comment

I"ll be dammed, Sam, that"s ingeniously simple! I couldn"t work out those blasted angles. Those Kruzer lads are a couple of clever doods. Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
              X