Aircraft cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft cable

The guy who looks after the airstrip here had a look at the sparrow hawk the other day and informed me that the starter cable was rubbing away on the intake manifold. When we went out there we were shocked to find 2-60% rubs through insulation on starter cable and one through alt. cable, each would have brought her down if shorted out. Aircraft cable only has thin, hard insulation and needs quality rubberised clamps. The trouble is these days most rubber is crap! There is a crashed Liberator bomber only 5 km from my house and the rubber clamps are still good after 65yrs.

max, i"m sure i was a zip tie junky.yet in 2006 while at 2300ft going over the bluff at the nationals 1 wire shorted out on my water temp sender . the guage shut down.but all else was good. i use even more now. i look at rossco machines and wonder how he keeps it so simple?????????????????????????. its easy to say but always harder to do!!!

Comment

I quite like auto cable in smooth sleaving. That cerated conduit is good for wearing away alloy. I"m a fan for 4mm 5 core and 3mm 7 core and auto starter cable in smooth sleaving. [Thank god we are allowed to use our comon sense]

Comment

Working...
      X