Rotax 912 Engine questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotax 912 Engine questions

A 912 without a propeller, when you start it what revs does it rev to ?? Thats at throttle closed position.

What B irdy got you to see the light Brian?

Comment

Best thing is to not start a 912 without a prop!!! Aggro

Comment

Best thing is to not start a 912 without a prop!!! AggroSo what if you have a gearbox with a clutch setup?Is this like starting without a prop?Graeme.

Comment

Best thing is to not start a 912 without a prop!!! AggroI appreciate that fact Aggro but I need to know what happens as its important for my information as a ASRA board member.

Comment

What B irdy got you to see the light Brian?

Comment

Seen lots of light over the years Des

Comment

Cant say from experiance Brian, but it wouldnt be pretty.The prop ona rotax 4banger is its flywheel. Ever tryed run"n a high compression 4banger without a flywheel?

Comment

Well there was a video of that guy who done the 914 efi mods, he was running a 914 without a prop,,, to full noise too, because it was efi, the fuel just cut off, so it limited it too the max revs.but i would say if it was set up to idle with a 72" prop at say 1800, i would think it would easily get to 3k prob more with no prop, cause at 1800 the prop is pushing a lot of air.

Comment

Cant say from experiance Brian, but it wouldnt be pretty.The prop ona rotax 4banger is its flywheel. Ever tryed run"n a high compression 4banger without a flywheel?[/quoteGuess a suby isnt a high compression banger cause it makes no difernce prop or no prop.Anyway, appears no one here has actually run a 912

Comment

Working...
                    X