gearboxes for gyro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearboxes for gyro's

There is a business in Brisbane called Suziauto"s, that deal with an overseas manufacturing co, who make gearboxes for Subaru"s [ pronounced soobaroo"s]. They also do units for Suzuki"s. They cost $2950.00, are a local firm, use a std heavy flywheel that comes with the car engine, have in the sump 300mls of oil, latest version rated at 260 hp, turns upside down, and comes with the bell housing to suit your engine, they use a BMW donut, all bolts supplied. The bell housing has the cut out for the std car starter motor. There are about 3,000 units out there and about 1000 hrs with out any trouble according to Graeme, the owner of the business. Any person that would like to give him a ring, do so at 07 38087637

Sounds good, using the heavy flywheel is a good move. Would liked to have seen a bit more oil but if it works, who cares! 260 hp should cover most engines going into a gyro.Thanks Darrell

Comment

I tryed a 13sp road ranger on mine.Woulda worked spoton if i couldv balanced the bloody thing.

Comment

yes but what oil would you have used birdy??

Comment

4 strok scooter oil Tony, just like normal. Woulda worked out good if i coulda balanced the machine, even had it figured how i was go"n to setup the split diff. [ twin props]

Comment

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

Comment

yes but what oil would you have used birdy?? Probably Transmission Oil as per Eaton specs! 400,000k drain interval too. And probably put the Gear Oil in the diff where it belongs.Miles

Comment

Working...
              X