Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital gps

Ok how does one convert digital to English

think i know how..........give me a didgy example to try.....
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

-23.901855 143.998835Show me how u work it out

Comment

So the co-ords you have are in degrees and decimals of degrees.

Comment

ok so type in the number after the decimal point and multiply it by 60 to give minutes and decimals of minutes eg.For 23.901855Type 0.901855 x 60Answer 54.1113Chuck the 23 back on the front23degrees54.1113mins South but if you want the seconds just do the same with the .1113.It"s all the same anyway, just expressed differently.

Comment

Deano your a champion that makes perfect sense thank u, I actually found a website to do it but I wanted to know how to do it, ps I come up with the same numbers as website.Thank you Sir

Comment

Bones,Tell the other blokes to go ito their GPS setup and change the units to degrees, minutes and seconds if they want that, or degrees and minutes and decimals of minutes.Waddles.
              Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Or just chuck the pice of s**t to the s**thouse n follow the road.

Comment

My trainer is equipped with IFR ---- I follow road. I went IFR once, I follow railway and it gave me a bum steer. It went for miles east instead of north around a sacred site. Half way allice to tenant creek. (must of cost a fortune in steel) Didn"t have a map of the bloody thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X