Air jet pre-rotator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air jet pre-rotator

In the early 60s a canadian autogyro had an air bottle which produced compressed air to the blade tips for pre-rotation and achieved jump takeoff. As I live in an area where the trees are "sacred" And I"ve already lopped a few and been in the poo, I find the concept interesting. So my lazy mind is trying to think of a simple version. I can visualise a saucer shaped alloy tank capable of withstanding up to 3000lbs pressure clamped to the hub bar with an outlet valve that automatically opens when a gravity sensor switch activates a valve which releases the air to blade jets vier pipes in the hollow blades. when the blades are pre-rotated by the starter motor ect. reach just below their capability, say 65rpm. The tank could be manually charged up by a small scuba type compressor mounted on the engine or charged by a ground unit for a one off quick getaway. (Open to criticism) :-

Hey mate

Comment

As I live in an area where the trees are "sacred"Itd be alot simpler n practical to just lop a few more trees.Ill do it if you like.

Comment

Looks like I"ll start off finding out if it"s possible to make a saucer or donut shaped high pressure tank. Donut is prob. best as you maintain a circle and leave room for the hub bar block. Good to see you"re having a day off Birdy! Let"s Know Danny if you hear of a small, light, very high pressure compressor.

Comment

Small slow scuba compressors are heavy and expensive.I don"t think you"d get much energy out of it by just "jetting" the air from the blade tips.

Comment

Small slow scuba compressors are heavy and expensive.I don"t think you"d get much energy out of it by just "jetting" the air from the blade tips.

Comment

Working...
            X