No announcement yet.

Tall tail offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"signing off"......anything, as safe/designed to specs/constructed to a standard etc etc etc...............in our recreational persuits, is leaving yourself
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

ere ya go John.http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/sho...php?t=13802Try n desipher this lot.

Comment

Yeah, thanks birdy, sounds like P factor is NOT the corkscrew effect but the advancing retreating effect of the prop at significant angle of attack, particularly flying behind the curve with power on (hence you standing on right rudder to counteract the yaw).

Comment

Its much appreaciated wen you dont just fob me off asa dum desert rate, thanx. [ i dont know much bout buggerall, but iv dun abit with gyros.]So anyway......what do you think of tall tails anyway?From a flyn [ off the ground] perspective, they are good, even better n the standard boom tail. The only thing i wurry bout wen im fly one is the fact that theres no tail boom to keep the back of the disc off the deck wen landn nose high, and they can be abit sluggish with the power off at low ASs.[i]the theory of flight ala gyros is still a very opinionated topic and I"ve heard my fair share of contradictory views from experienced gyronauts (TA"s most of them).

Comment

Already explained couple weeks back..I counter the P effect by wearing a paraplegic nappy on Xcountry flights

Comment

Its much appreaciated wen you dont just fob me off asa dum desert rate, thanx. [ i dont know much bout buggerall, but iv dun abit with gyrosNa, someone once told me I was a igorat so I"m tryin to enlighten myself and you got the experience (with gyros anyway). Dunno bout supreme enlightenment tho - you might need coupla lessons Like you say only one set of facts....it"s finding the f*&kers mongst all the bs.....I must say tho, all well intentioned those theories...it"s a subtle science is flight, man"s greatest achievement imho and much to learn yet.Anyway, thanks to you and all for your learned opinions for which I am much the wiser and to danny for his advice on wearing paraplegic nappies, most helpful :-[

Comment

Its much appreaciated wen you dont just fob me off asa dum desert rate, thanxWho said anyone done that

Comment

Oi Bones, your missn out.Just had the biggest bull iv ever seen tear a gate off its hinges yesterday >, and we havent even started yet.

Comment

Trust me if only u knew how I was holding up the raf contracting name u be proud , sad but true l ring u soon

Comment

raf had nuthn to do with it, he didf it all by his own self.

Comment

Working...
                      X