Fuel Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Hose

Hey Fellas I"ve been researching Fuel Hose and there is a lot of smoke and mirrors.It appears that the manufactures are still R&D Fuel hose to meet today"s Petro chemical demands as there is a lot of chemical additives in today"s fuels.This is the reason that motor vehicles pre 2004 is not recommended for eE10 fuel use.Gates don.t like Aeroquip Goodyear don"t have a defined standard and simplex want to stick to garden hose.There is a defined standard J30R9.There are brands like Parker Gold S777.Ive had a good runaround with inquires because if you mention aircraft to most suppliers they won"t deal with you and you"ll end up with 747 spare parts like Asia Pacific Aviation.So the average Gyro naught will end up at Super Cheap.So be warned don"t go down that path as fuel hose has a rating from J30R7 to J30R12.The high quality hose has Chloraletalene, Black nitrite or Teflons

Blakemorem,Put simply you can use any fuel hose that has been rated to carry the fuel type and at the pressure that your fuel system operates at. To be safe any replacement fuel hose rated for modern unleaded petrol injected vehicles is a safe bet as long as you dont use octane boosters or alcohol in the mix.Warning - Fuel hoses rated for AVGAS are unsuitable and will breakdown quickly by the aromatics in unleaded fuels(especialy 95+ octane fuels) Just my 10c worth,Adrian

Comment

And dont assume a hose expert like "the hose doc" knows wot he"s talkn bout.I went to my ol mate at CBC.

Comment

Thanks Adrian/Birdy a little peace of mind I have some Goodyear hose with grade a rating WTF is grade A.Typical void of liability when it comes to industry standards.Anyway I have 8 mts of 1/4 and5/16 hose and thought i done me dollars.I have a piece in a jar of petrol to see the results after a couple of weeks,looks alright so far.There is a good shop at Newstead Brisbane.This time i won"t mention aircraft just hit them with a standard.I"m still looking for fire sleeve.I noticed Old mate over at the other hanger had it on his Savana see where he got it from.

Comment

Working...
        X