EA81 ignition modual failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA81 ignition modual failure

I"ve been in two EA81 powered gyro"s now that have had genuine subaru ignition module failure. I"ve been in two gyro"s that have been disabled due to broken point springs. I therefore highly recommend the two module into two coils then through a high voltage diode assembly and then to single plugs as an affordable alternative to all out duel ignition. (You have to hunt for the components at speed shops) Just passing on info. in the name of safety.

I"ve been in two EA81 powered gyro"s now that have had genuine subaru ignition module failure. I"ve been in two gyro"s that have been disabled due to broken point springs. I therefore highly recommend the two module into two coils then through a high voltage diode assembly and then to single plugs as an affordable alternative to all out duel ignition. (You have to hunt for the components at speed shops) Just passing on info. in the name of safety.I dont know why people bother with these so called engines

Comment

Great for you workaholics who can afford the over priced glorified V dubs Brian ;D

Comment

I dont know why people bother with these so called engines
        If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I must confess if I had a spare 22 big-ones I"ll buy one. In the mean time I"ll defend the EA81 to the death ;D

Comment

I must confess if I had a spare 22 big-ones I"ll buy one. In the mean time I"ll defend the EA81 to the death ;DThe suby got me through a really tough time & it did the job wonderfully and yes, the $$$$...yep, it is a factor...but you know, the more I fly this machine, the more I love it and I can see the $$ difference melting quickly, the 912 is a whole lot more engine than I ever gave it credit for, it is one gutsy engine that punches a long way above its weight and its allowing me to do stuff I wouldnt even consider doing with my old girl with a margin to spare plus I"m having a ball pushing a bit more all the time seeing just how far can I go. I really enjoy being able to do 360"s all day long with getting that "sinking feeling" or being able to haul the nose up, climb 200 feet & be able to throttle off, slow everything right down & be able to dawdle behind stock for a while & then gently descending off the throttle till I"m right up their backsides & then opening the tap & doing a 180 * turn.......downwind, pull the nose up climbing & then a quick 180 turn back...awesome.... Yeah, I thought the 912"s were overpriced but I"m starting to think they might actually be UNDERPRICED

Comment

Bloodyell, shudup . Gon from one extreme to the other this bloke. You should try one ina machine that its better suited to Brian. ;D

Comment

Bloodyell, shudup . Gon from one extreme to the other this bloke. You should try one ina machine that its better suited to Brian. ;DI havent forgotten your flying Robbs open frame Rosco at Lameroo & its not hard imagining what the reduction of approx 30/ 40 kg would do and with the same size rotors.Sorry to annoy folks with my ramblings but I have had a couple of pilots ask about what I thought...and there you go, Just telling it like I have found it !

Comment

chopper besides the $$$$$ what are any down sides to it ???? I"m sitting on the fence again!!!!

Comment

Max, when you say "genuine subaru ignition module",

Comment

Hello Buzz,the ignition module max is talking about is specifically for distributors with electronic ignition. If you have a points distributor you won"t have an ignition module. As in regards to points vs electronic ignition it"s horses for courses. Matthew

Comment

chopper besides the $$$$$ what are any down sides to it ???? I"m sitting on the fence again!!!! Tony, downsides to buying a 912. I personally dislike carby"s although they are simple to clean & repair but when & if I have to buy a new 912 it would be with the EFI. Those who doubt EFI with a rotax will be assured the rotax have been using EFI on snow mobiles and the like for eons now without any difficulties.The 912 is a bit noisier than the suby 2,2 in the cockpit.Having spent 6000 odd hours driving a suby around and then approx 60 odd hours driving the 912, I can say that the 912 is most definately the way to go if you want to really enjoy pushing your gyro around. If all you want to do is fly S&L mostly then why would you go past a suby cause its just so cost effective to do that job.I"ll put it this way, I

Comment

Bout the extra noise, it"s only induction noise?If you move the intake out from just behind your ear, it"s much quieter.The prop is noises coz it"s hold back a 912, and I don"t know anywhere else it can go.

Comment

Just to clarify things Buz, I placed two pick-up modules inside an electronic dist. which normally has one. Wired them separately to two coils vier two bosch igniters, then fed the two HT outputs into a HT diode, and then one HT lead off to the centre of the dist. cap. achieving duel ignition up to the dist HT cap. The duel module

Comment

Bout the extra noise, it"s only induction noise?If you move the intake out from just behind your ear, it"s much quieter.The prop is noises coz it"s hold back a 912, and I don"t know anywhere else it can go.The noise on mine is prop noise cause this engine has the rotax carby heat tube with a single intake filter underneath the tube which sits behind & well down behind the seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X