Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap alternative for on-board ADS-B(in) Automatic Dependable Surveillance B(in)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap alternative for on-board ADS-B(in) Automatic Dependable Surveillance B(in)

Great initiative!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automat...d|22410869928I have installed a Raspberry PI, Wifi transmitter, 1090 TV receiver, aerial and 5V DC battery power into a Raspberry PI motherboard as a fixture to the Magni. Loaded the free Operating System and saved it on a 16G SD card and fired it up.Brilliant little gadget to display all ADS-B (out) transmitting aircraft on the Ozrunways iPhone/iPad tablets. Ozrunways automatically detect the wifi signal and display the aircraft position and direction onto the map in use (in blue). It"s easy to read whilst flying and as cheap as chips! The whole system cost $114 and once its connected to the master switch nothing else needs to be done! Thank you Ozrunways, its a great tool to put the mind at ease in and around busy airports and towns.Regards,Colin

Well done !We all talked about building it, but you are the only one who have done.Post some photos of your installation and screen prints of Oz runways .

Comment

Ozrunways has fixed the icons issue and by clicking on the suitcase and then traffic data, the others planes in the area will be superimposed onto the map whilst the colour changes depending on distance from your aircraft. Really cool and transparent! No more looking and wondering where the other helicopters and planes are.

Comment

Colin do you have a transponder on board your gyro?Regards.....Chook.

Comment

No Chief, I am not that keen to be detected, I just like to do the detecting. I have a spot so the family and friends can track my flights.Regards,Colin

Comment

Working...
          X