Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns the gyro on the register with the Evinrude outboard engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, If my memory serves me correct there was a yellow one at Lameroo when the West Australian group were there and it did fly at the Nationals. Yes it was heard from start up till park up all

Comment

Hi Des,The picture of G150 I posted is actually from Lameroo in 2007, and I also remember that truly memorable, loud, wide and fast circuit. At that stage I didn"t know near as much about gyro dynamics and aerodynamics as I do now, so if my memory is serving me correctly based on my current level of gyro knowledge it raises a suspicion that the beastie might have been overweight plus that it didn"t then have an optimal engine-prop combination, although there may be other explanations such as the blades being pitched a tad too low. Don"t get me wrong, I"m all for responsible experimentation and variation in designs and you can"t help but be drawn out of curiosity to such an "out there" design.Cheers,Mark R

Comment

hello des , I think we are talking about the same gyro. the prop was 6 bladed. nice bloke col. massive machine for a single seater. I never saw under the covers but he made his own gearbox apparently too . as I said before col seemed to loved the mechanical engineering side of things. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Hi Des,The picture of G150 I posted is actually from Lameroo in 2007, and I also remember that truly memorable, loud, wide and fast circuit. At that stage I didn"t know near as much about gyro dynamics and aerodynamics as I do now, so if my memory is serving me correctly based on my current level of gyro knowledge it raises a suspicion that the beastie might have been overweight plus that it didn"t then have an optimal engine-prop combination, although there may be other explanations such as the blades being pitched a tad too low. Don"t get me wrong, I"m all for responsible experimentation and variation in designs and you can"t help but be drawn out of curiosity to such an "out there" design.Cheers,Mark RI am like you Mark, agree 100% ..... experimenting is fine.... but also experiments are just that, experiments. When doing major tinkering, it is important to realise that if the experiment isn"t as good as expected, or the machine turns out too heavy/not enough thrust or just doesn"t work well enough, there has to be a time to

Comment

Guys, there"s been a mercury powered gyro ( big sucker too )
            If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Working...
            X