Seat tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat tanks

A little birdy told me some thing about doing this mod.If only I could remember the details.Graeme.

Comment

Have you got " C.R.A.F.T.S."?

Comment

Hi Darrell,Remember that mainly as a consequence of the Tasmanian RAF crash where 2 occupants succumbed to injuries caused by a post crash fire, ASRA put out an AD mandating that the fuel inlet pipe arrangements were such that in a high impact situation where the pod was distorting that fuel inlet pipes or tubes would not tear away from the seats. This essentially means that any fuel inlet pipe or tube that leads to the outside of the pod through a hole cannot be secured to the pod wall. Check out the AD.Cheers,Mark R

Comment

Darrel I have noticed that both of my Gerry 40L seats are smelling strongly of petrol vapour. It is coming through the material and not from the vent.This new unleaded fuel is the problem with all of the aromatics used to beef up the octane rating which was not a problem when these seats were designed with leaded fuel in mind.Having these carcinogens permeating through our flying suits and into our skin can"t be good for our longevity. (we currently have 3 of our pilots suffering from various cancer diagnosis"s over here in Bindoon)Regards.........Chook.

Comment

Thanks for that info.

Comment

98 premium will do that......95 not so bad.
              If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Working...
                X