PROPELLER TIP COLOURING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROPELLER TIP COLOURING

Was wondering from all gyro owners,constructors and other aircraft pilots for their coments on the most outstanding colour to paint the tips of a prop? Reason is that I don't seem to be able to find any opinions on the subject.My personal view is that as most propellers are made of black material, so a lighter brighter colour would stand out more.Has any one used a flouresent coloured paint? If so what are the coments from other pilot or observers?Now let the coments begin.What you focus on grows. Des Gravin

Des I believe yellow is the last colour to disappear with speed.I had a gyro with bright red and white tips and could see them easy till it faded and chipped off.MC

Comment

I too would go with yellow. Probably the brightest colour that is not likely to have a matching background.Tim McClure

Comment

G'Day Des.Yellow is the colour. A good example is, next time you see an aircraft painted yellow and flying overhead, you will notice it still is very bright and visable against its light sky background. The same aircraft from above is also very visible against its darker earth background below.Sam.

Comment

Working...
        X