helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmets

just wondering if most people are using bike/aircraft helmets? What are adv/disadv with both, and how you go hooking up uhf comms to bike helmet? Thanks in advance.

Just ask Rosco to send you one.Everythn that bloke touches turns to gold.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Hi Angus, motorbike helmets are a good way to go and as Birdy says, get Rosco to set it up for you and its just a matter of plugging it in !!The photo is of my earmoulds, they are made to fit the ear and work far better than the foam earplugs, and are comfortable to wear for 10 hour days and you can hear the radio very clearly on very little volume !! and it plugs directly into the back of your UHF or walkman etc. I still use the mike that Rosco puts in the helmet although I have used a throat mike with mixed results. The earmoulds are lots quieter than the usual foam earplugs !!Image Insert: 33.38 KBBrianEdit by admin, Brian don't use the brackets.

Comment

Help, my photo refuses to work despite repeated efforts to post !!!! At 33.38 it should be small enough surely, any help will be appreciatedBrian

Comment

thanks birdy and brian,will make some calls tomorrow.i like the look of those earplugs brian.

Comment

Brian, The clear looking curley bits, do they have miniture wires in them to mini speakers in the silicon plugs? Just trying to understand how they are set up. Thanks in advance on this as they look to be what every pilot MUST be useing to protect their valuable hearing. From first hand experiance of poor hearing embarasment, PROTECT IT AT ALL COSTS.[]What you focus on grows. Des Gravin Bullsbrook Geraldton's (southern suburb) W.A.

Comment

Des,Most of them have an acoustic coupling, ie, the curly tube is like a stethescope connection, the speakers are in the black connector most likely, that is how mine is arranged.Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

I really am not sure how or why they work, all I can tell you is Nick is most likely right with his explanation.Just for the record, I wish this set up was available when I first started flying as the trials and tribulations of trying diferent speakers and helmets was annoying and expensive plus trying diferent earplugs caused a pain in the ear [literally] and as well, because the volume had to be near flat out for me to hear well, I copped a double dose of pain and distortion!!I can now hear perfectly with the volume at a very low level, clearly and without any pain or disomfort, even after wearing them for 10 hours plus the gyro noise level has dropped dramatically. Anyone contemplating buying a helmet and going to be wearing it for long periods, I would advise to buy the best you can get as there is a difernce in the padding ie hearing protection, comfort and also ventilation.The pink stuff is injected into your ear [doesnt hurt] and thats why it fits so well and does such a great job !!!!!!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Perhaps someone could convince the vendors to attend the nationals. Lots of potential customers in one spot and good business promtion.Cheers!Lloyd

Comment

Good idea Lloyd, I will let him know. He comes from Adelaide so it is a bit of a hike for him but you never know !!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Sumone putn a 'pink bit' in me ear!!!!Not real keen on that idea.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

....better than a thumb in your eye.....

Comment

Ah Birdy, I can vouch that it don't even feel uncomfortable. Just like the misses whispering in ya ear[] when ya was corting her or have ya forgotten[^]What you focus on grows. Des Gravin Bullsbrook Geraldton's (southern suburb) W.A.

Comment

Working...
                          X