No announcement yet.

Flashing Lights and Gyro Visibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, are you saying trike flyers have wind and this stops them from flying. It never stopped me, might have stopped the bloke behind me though.Graeme.

Comment

Sam,I agree with John and Murray, GA aircraft are also designed to fly at night, when I was doing my GA stint down at Jandakot airport, and on nav's, I can't recall actually seeing strobes unless it was an 8/8 day, however I quite occasionally saw the little flashing Red beacon on the vertical stabilizer.The main worry I see is, it is eazy to loose a little Gyro just in front of you, and while you are looking out ahead, someone flys up your fundamental orifice, see and be seen and don't fall for the old subtle convergence trick. All the bestPete Barsden

Comment

Peter, I totally agree with avoidence at all costs.What most of us forget is we normally ask advice from people on the ground if our avoidence systems can be seen or not.Remember, from the ground, a little white strobe is lost, but from above, or behind, which is were most of the faster G.A aircraft fly, the white light is much more visable and has a greater contrast against a darker background or horizon. Still not totally fool proof, but either are the safety swiches, and surge diverters we install in our homes.Regards Sam. []Image Insert:

Comment

You blokes realy need to see a head shrink ,fly'n that high.I got a head ake just look'n at the pix.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.

Comment

Sam,It's a great photo, however, fly at the same level and take away the large white sail of the trike and replace it with rotors, see what I mean.All the best Sam.Pete Barsden

Comment

Hey Birdy this photo was taken at only 6,500 ft. I am sorry I could n't post the one I took at 10,000 ft.Maybe next time !!!!!!!!!!!!!Regards Sam. []

Comment

Working...
              X