Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey I'm new to gyros, and im wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I'm new to gyros, and im wondering...

Hey im rosco from WA,I just wanted to know how the bloody hell these things can fly and well, how they do it?i mean can they pull of the same manouvers as a huey slick or a tiger, or an apache?and if its got no turboshaft how the hell does it get off the ground and can it hover? arghhhhh this stuff fries my brain!!I had a handle on life but it broke off...

Your Profile says your a student Ross................... read n learn.You'll discover its all magic ,and yes,they can fly the rotors off a Huey,stripes off a Tiger,and the war paint off an Apache.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.

Comment

Ross,Go find a club, find an instructor and learn, all links are on the home page.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

If that were true, half of us should be able to fly without any form of mechanical assistance..........

Comment

I wont need to purchase a Gyro then.I,m no oil painting.Not even a kids finger painting.Cheers, Phil YoungGunningbland Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?

Comment

Philmet you at Cooma ,good to see you have the same passion about gyros,it seems that the the flyers like to put it on the wannabees,but at least this mob gives us a chance to learn the craft as being a very special part of aviation.good to see you on the forumboundry rider

Comment

Thanks Peter, was nice to meet you & your brotherlaw.Walkin up the line of Gyro's & having someone point out the differences was much appreciated.Cheers,Phil YoungGunningbland

Comment

PSYou reckon you look bad,someone said about the earth repelling things.Hell id just behind the rag an tube hitting Marsboundry rider

Comment

PhilNo prob, Hope you get some rain soonboundry rider

Comment

PhilBTW,what are you paying for fuel,Bought some last nite,$1.24 for diesel,but get this diesel is 11c dearer than ulpCheersboundry rider

Comment

Hey Rosco,If your question is serious, there is a section in the following on Gyros that should provide lots of answers. http://av-info.faa.gov/data/training...-h-8083-21.pdfDave

Comment

Good link Dave,USA - Rotorcraft Flying Handbook - all the info a newbie could want in one handbook, could not find any equivalent on our CASA website, takes awhile to download 10.5 MB , 207 pages ,but well worth the wait.thanksPhil

Comment

Here is the new link, good info for all to absorb.www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/media/faa-h-8083-21.pdfBest to right click and then "save as".

Comment

Working...
                          X