Gyro flight video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro flight video

Hi,Curious about these gyros - I"m a trike pilot.Does anyone know of a website link where I can see a video of a gyro taking off and landing? I live nowhere near a gyro school at all unfortunately.Thanks,Azhar

G"Day Azhar,Most manufacturers websites have video downloads these days.Take a look at www.thebutterflyllc.comPlenty of take-off and landing vids there. I do hope you"re not of a mind to teach yourself.Contact SamL , he posts here and on the

Comment

G"day AzharWere abouts do you live and fly ??????And what has sparked your interest in gyro"s ??????SamL.

Comment

Hi Mitch and SamL,Thanks for your replies.I read Dec issue of Pacific Flyer and took a special look at the Gyro feature. At first I thought there"s no way on earth anyone would get me up in one of those but as the day pressed on I have to say... I"m hooked! I just can"t believe that I haven"t gone down the Gyro track already!Problem is that I"ve just bought a very nice microlight (arrives next month) but its a Gyro I want. You see it always blows a 10 to 14 knot wind here (Charters Towers, QLD) and as I understand Gyros are very capable in these conditions - microlights would probably be difficult to get out the hanger! Also, keeping a Gyro would probably attract only half hang-garage fees since it has "no wing" taking up less hanger space. Quicker to rig/de-rig and probably even more fun to fly than a microlight?? Hmmm - the training though.Where could I do training in one block such as a two week period? I personally don"t agree in this intensive training, rather spread it out over a few months to experience different conditions etc but I don"t have much choice.In UK Gyro training (PPL-G) is 40 hours ab-inito and you get 10 hours off this coming from an ultralight background. What is the official minimum and pilot recommended minimums here? Would my X-Country, Navs, BAK microlight exams cross over? SamL - what drove you to make the move to Gyro?Well I have lots more questions but I"d like to sort some training out first. Would I need my own Gyro to do the solo part? Kind regards,Azhar

Comment

Hi Mitch and SamL,Thanks for your replies.I read Dec issue of Pacific Flyer and took a special look at the Gyro feature. At first I thought there"s no way on earth anyone would get me up in one of those but as the day pressed on I have to say... I"m hooked! I just can"t believe that I haven"t gone down the Gyro track already!Problem is that I"ve just bought a very nice microlight WHAT HAVE YOU BOUGHT ?(arrives next month) but its a Gyro I want. You see it always blows a 10 to 14 knot wind here (Charters Towers, QLD) and as I understand Gyros are very capable in these conditions 10-15 IS PERFECT FLYING WEATHER - microlights would probably be difficult to get out the hanger! YEP !!Also, keeping a Gyro would probably attract only half hang-garage fees since it has "no wing" taking up less hanger space, SPOT ON !!!. Quicker to rig/de-rig JUST THE ROTOR WITH USUALLY 7 BOLTS, and probably even more fun to fly than a microlight?? FOR SURE, NO QUESTIONS, Hmmm - the training though.Where could I do training in one block such as a two week period? NOT SURE UP YOUR WAY, I personally don"t agree in this intensive training, rather spread it out over a few months to experience different conditions etc but I don"t have much choice.In UK Gyro training (PPL-G) is 40 hours ab-inito and you get 10 hours off this coming from an ultralight background. What is the official minimum and pilot recommended minimums here? Would my X-Country, Navs, BAK microlight exams cross over? YES YOU CAN TRANSFER IT ACROSS, INCLUDING RADIO ENDORSMENTSamL - what drove you to make the move to Gyro? ALL OF THE ABOVE, LAND ON THE SPOT IF REQUIRED, NO UV PROBLEMS, VERTICAL DESENDS, FLY SIDE WAYS, BACKWARDS, HOVER, AND CANT STALL OR SPIN, PLUS

Comment

Problem is that I"ve just bought a very nice microlight (arrives next month) but its a Gyro I want. You see it always blows a 10 to 14 knot wind here (Charters Towers, QLD) and as I understand Gyros are very capable in these conditions Hey Ummm i"m in town ring me and come out and have a look at one flying if you want..0414585096Gotto go now ,, flying that is cause its blowin its ass off hehehehehBones

Comment

Hi,Will call you - you must have been flying when I called previously. How far out are you from Charters? This sounds interesting to see your gyro in flight.My number is 0435 046 214Regards,Azhar

Comment

azharfly,Give Dave Stubberfield a ring. He"s in Bundaberg and has done block time with his students. He has an Owen Dole 2 seater and in the past has let a student or two use one of his singles to solo in (your guaranteed to buy it if you prang it though).Work

Comment

you must have been flying when I called previouslyNo i was in bed in pain after getting dusted of a friggin horse How far out are you from Charters?About 4 kms from the road house

Comment

Hi,If you need an x-ray at the hospital... I"m the man to see!May be I"ll give you a call over the weekend to see the gyro.Cheers,azhar

Comment

hmmmmm maybe it was you who i should have asked for 18 months ago when they sent my home with a BRUISED knee from there and wouldnt XRAY it, and 6 months latter i needed a full knee recon,just i tore the bones apart inside, this gets better and better

Comment

HiHow about 8am on Saturday 2nd Dec or next weekend?I"ll give you a call.Sorry about your knee. Hope it"s fixed up now.Azhar

Comment

Send me an email johnrevenboer@hotmail.com and I can send you a video of a gyro taking off and landing,

Comment

Working...
                          X