Cross Country Questions II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country Questions II

These are a bit harder, got onto a bit of a roll here.If your not brave enough to answer on line, at least have a real go on paper. These are well worth doing as they will challenge you.1. What is an orthogonal? (easy)2. What use is it to a gyroplane pilot? (I wish I knew) ???3. What is an AFRU?.4. What use is it to a gyroplane pilot?5. What is an AWIS?6. As a cross country pilot, how could an AWIS be useful?7. Does Bathurst have an AWIS? If so what is the phone number and where do you get the details.8. How do you determine first light? List at least two different sources for this info.9. How do you determine if there are any areas of Controlled Airspace near your airfield?10. What is a danger area? What charts show these? How are they depicted on a chart? Can you enter a danger area?11. What is a restricted area? What charts show these? How are they depicted on a chart? Can you enter a restricted area?12. Where do you find detail on danger and restricted areas?13. If you are about to fly due west, what are suitable cruising levels.14. If you are about to fly due east, what are suitable cruising levels.15. What units do we use to measure visibility?Have fun.Next set will cover some weather stuff and whaterver sort of random things come to mind. :PRoss B

These are a bit harder, got onto a bit of a roll here.If your not brave enough to answer on line, at least have a real go on paper. These are well worth doing as they will challenge you.1. What is an orthogonal? (easy)............................................ ....dynasore2. What use is it to a gyroplane pilot? (I wish I knew) ???......... ???3. What is an AFRU?.........................................footy team4. What use is it to a gyroplane pilot?............. ???5. What is an AWIS?............................womans footy team6. As a cross country pilot, how could an AWIS be useful?............over night ocommodation7. Does Bathurst have an AWIS? If so what is the phone number and where do you get the details.... ???8. How do you determine first light? List at least two different sources for this info.....when i open 2 eyes9. How do you determine if there are any areas of Controlled Airspace near your airfield?..........big guns10. What is a danger area? What charts show these? How are they depicted on a chart? Can you enter a danger area?................enter at your own peril11. What is a restricted area? What charts show these? How are they depicted on a chart? Can you enter a restricted area?.............restricted area........in bed with me missis12. Where do you find detail on danger and restricted areas?.........you"ll get the details as you look at me 35713. If you are about to fly due west, what are suitable cruising levels............any14. If you are about to fly due east, what are suitable cruising levels................any15. What units do we use to measure visibility?............2 eyesHave fun.Next set will cover some weather stuff and whaterver sort of random things come to mind. :PRoss B
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

WowIt"s very quiet out there. Does this mean I"ll have to answer them. Someone have a go.Ross B(Thanks Russ. Stick to your medication in the future)

Comment

Ross, you have started a long overdue serious thread on navigational issues, the lack of such knowledge that has often been the cause of incidents featuring within Gyroplane, Recreational Light Aircraft and General Aviation accident statistics.I am in no doubt that such topics should be a regular feature of our published magazine Gyro News.Could I suggest that you seek to publish a series of these quizzes as a regular contribution in Gyro News that will reach the wider Gyro audience and not just the forum devotees.We collectively need to present a professional image in our interactions with other aviators and as other flying disciplines already use such quiz topics as regular features in their publications we are long overdue to follow suit and perhaps even lead the way with innovative Gyroplane technical details unfamiliar to other forms of aviation.Well Done and thanks for leading the way.Mike

Comment

1; sum sorta nut?2; if you got 2 big ones, you can do anythn. 3; buggered if i no. ???4; "5; "6; "7; wheres bathurst?8; just after me first durri, and before me second.9; No dout CASA will tell me................ afterwards .10; terra furmer11; anythn above 300"12; the blood will be a good indication.13; depends on wot way the wind is blown14; same15; thats a hard one. ............................. if you can read the oil tepm, its orrite?As before, i wouldnt make an aviaters a22hole.

Comment

Comment

Ok,I"ll have a go,Give me some discount because these are off the top of my head.

Comment

[i]1.

Comment

Dammit, I knew what an isogonal was.

Comment

Working...
                  X