Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intro flight avail in greater Sydney area ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro flight avail in greater Sydney area ?

Hello all, this is my first post and hope you could assist?My lovely missus wants to get me an intro flight but I cannot find anywhere nearby that offers this, the closest is a club 3-4 hours away......near Merriwa !I am in North Sydney but wondered if any intro flips are available, an hour or two away?

Try CFI Phil Wright Hunter Valley Gyro Club on 0407439070. Go fly in his bright yellow Xenon. You will love it and soon be one of us.

Comment

Many thanks for the help, will give him a buzz today........have always loved flying in weight-shift microlights but hate the feeling of getting flung about in updraughts while trying to "enjoy" the scenery......All my research tells me a gyro will suit me better, they surely are fascinating machines and I am pleased to see their safety records have improved hugely from the earlier pioneering types.Hope to gain my licence and possibly build a bare bones Dominator or Butterfly.Thanks again for the fast response

Comment

ahem.....just noticed this is the same club located near Merriwa, (Bylong Valley),

Comment

Sorry I should have highlighted that Phil also trains out of Cessnock some 3 hrs closer to you.The camaraderie and interesting flying,is a back up .ie when you get the bug and want to enjoy the fun etc.Think Cessnock would be equivalent to Wollongong and possibly Penrith area when you take into account the highway speeds etc.In the Gyro World you will find instructors etc are very thin on the ground in our vast nation, it is not easy to join our world because of this.

Comment

drive

Comment

Wow thank you to all the members on this friendly forum who have replied and pm"d me,there are quite a few options now !I might have to take a few flights at two or three different places to compare the planes as well as the training courses and instructors

Comment

Working...
              X