Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gyro training supplement from the UK CAA, Good value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro training supplement from the UK CAA, Good value.

I was given this link by fellow gyro pilot Jeff Blunt it puts a lot of things together in a few pages, a good read for all would be, student, and Gyro pilots.

I was given this link by fellow gyro pilot Jeff Blunt it puts a lot of things together in a few pages, a good read for all would be, student, and Gyro pilots.

Comment

Hi Guys,While doing some research regarding training manuals I came across this article too.

Comment

Good read, 2 points however..... First due to the differing opinions of EU taxiing to ASRA we expect the stance they take in saying "it is safer to taxi with blades stopped or tied down" however their next sentence reads "to minimise wear and tear on the blades it may be advantageous to generate some centrifugal force to keep the blades as stiff as possible; in this case the pre rotator should be used frequently to keep the RPM as high as possible"Now I do understand ASRA"s reasons on taxiing with blades spinning

Comment

Third thing is regarding the fuel requirement for over 6000 ft.just out of curiosity does anyone know if these figures hold true here in AUS . do UK run a 98 octane unleaded? and does this mean any soob powered machine would have to run Avgas over the 6000ft ceiling also?

Comment

Again I know this is an old thread, but man is it a good one

Comment

Working...
            X