One eyed pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One eyed pilot

Has anyone trained a one eyed student? As I"ve got a man turning up. I suspect he may have some depth perception problems but not too sure. I"ve tried walking around with one eye covered and don"t really like the feeling but I guess the hardy old human gets used to most anything :-

Ask VANCE BREESE ... on the US Rotary wing forum ..... he has one functional eye & has learned to compensate

Comment

I think they get used to it Max.I knew a one eyed young bloke who could ride fastern anyone throo the scrub [ chasen moos n brumbys] ona 600cc scooter without a problem. Well, not as fast as me, but he was still pretty good.

Comment

He may be the same guy Birdy I guess he"ll be accurate with landing in the middle of the runway, unlike most of us two eyed freaks who land up one side ;D

Comment

BTW Max, this bloke isnt from the Curry by any chance i spose???

Comment

There"s a one eyed r44 pilot who flys into moruya

Comment

Thats good. When I leave the planet I"m going to ask God why He, She, or It didn"t design us with one eye in the front and the other at the back. It would be handy to see who"s approaching from the rear. Maybe some ET will turn up one day with for and aft eyes and think we are total weardo"s ;D

Comment

Hey Max,I trained Sean Anthony (now in Weipa) years ago and from memory he only has sight in one eye. No problems with him. I didn"t even realise a potential problem until he told me.Waddles.
                Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback fellow gyronauts, I feel more at ease. I still have problems with some students holding the stick too tight and not letting go on my command. (thinking they are flying better than me) Quite scary at times. I"ve been trying to think up some kind of weak link in their control (As I think it"s not legal to shoot them) but it of course has to be reliable. Maybe some kind of electromagnet that releases their control when the instructor pushes a button? --

Comment

Working...
                  X