Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Videos

Straighten Up and Fly Right!

Here is some video I shot on a recent training flight out of YWOL https://vimeo.com/209898022
    Last edited by AeroSpacia; 04-04-2017, 11:43 AM.

I cannot watch, when click play, just comes with a blank screen. Don't know if you have to join vimeo to watch.
    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

worked ok for me ross. very fancy and hi-tech video. some of the people in the houses would get a bit annoyed with your short circuits in close to the strip compared to the last one where you went out wider over the water edge.
      I really did like it thou. thanks for sharing.

Comment

• RossM
        RossM commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe linux operating system does not play

I had to open it in a different player than windows media player, The music was the right speed, but the film was really fast like the keystone cops? Is that how it is meant to be? Or is there a problem with my player?

What altitude circuits were they supposed to be? I would have thought that standard 1000' circuits would have been more appropriate for over buildings instead of somewhere between 500-900' and the shape and size of the circuits were all different, growing larger each time? I like to keep circuits at a consistent size and altitude, normally 800' so if a spam canner joins the circuit not looking out the windscreen, theoretically he will be 200' above me.

It looked like a nice day for a fly, but I couldn't tell anything about the flying because the video was sped up so much. The downwind leg did look a bit slow? What type of machine was it?

I am old school (old) so to me, the landings seemed very fast, like a spam can landing... the gyros I like and landings I prefer are 'stop and plop'.... to me, doing a Cessna type touch and go in a gyro is asking for a roll over.... but, as I said, because the video was running so fast forward, I couldn't tell much...

I bet the people under the flight path would be going nuts?

Comment

hello muz, mine was fast too but that's ok, I just pressed play and it worked. as I said the heads up display was a brilliant idea, more clever people out there than me. [ but we knew that ] , the air speed was down to less than 20 knots on touch down just seemed worse because of the speed of the video,
        And come on, why would you really keep flying over the same houses ??????? you gotta spread the love.

Comment

• RossM
          RossM commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to open Chromium web browser to watch.

Assuming the HUD was accurate, and with a total of 45 minutes in a gyro, I only have one uninformed comment to make.......Balance!
        Last edited by Warhorse1997; 16-05-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

What was done to get the HUD displayed and setup? Great vids btw.

Comment

Working...
          X