• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFI rate

Curious, What is the going rate per hour for a gyro CFI in Australia

Whatever he decides to charge.
    Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

As the saying goes Gyrogerald, if you want to make a million dollars out of aviation start with 2 million.

Comment

Gerald,maybe it should work like this...If in the first hour of training in a brand new 0 hour machine the student writes it off, then the rate should be $120,000 per hour if it is a nice new Cavalon worth $120,000.. Plus $80 per hour for the pilot"s time.I know in a Robinson R22 about 5 years ago the rate was $500.00 per hour. But a Robinson R22 is worth - no sorry, that"s wrong, can be bought for the sum of $huge more than a gyrocopter.If a machine is costing $100k and it is viable for about 10 years then the cost is $10k per year excluding interest to own it, so, that is $200 per week to own it... then about $100 per hour for the instructor [they"re highly qualified!!] and then add on all the fuel, insurance, airstrip fees, hangerage, grease, oil and all the air that they use and a small replacement premium, I reckon about $250 per hour should almost cover it. So, of you go to a gyro instructor this would be my bottom offer, it"s might just cover his costs.Don"t be a cheap ***** and try to dud any instructor as they are worth their weight in gold.

Comment

If you find some fool prepared to offer his life for the cause for under $180 make sure you book with him

Comment

Well its very similar to what they charge in the US. Around $180 to $200.You are right , many people dont consider all the expenses that go along with being a CFI.Its easy to just look at the per hour cost and not consider everything that goes with it.I only have a few hours training and have been taking it slow, partly because of finances and partly I don"t want to tear up my machine.

Comment

Up until about 10 years ago, they were mainly stick frame machines and all sorts of variations.... dominators, Air kill.... er, I mean, command, RAF, and lots of home builts, now the euro machines are pretty well taking over..... so the scene has changed a lot.... a lot of beautiful machinery flying around these days.....

Comment

I would like to have an MTO but could not afford one at this time.So what about the guys in my situation? I have interest but not lots of funds for toys.I would think Australia would have its fair share of single place home built machines.Why not?

Comment

Working...
                X