Any events March/ April 2005?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any events March/ April 2005?

Hi Folks, I'm visiting relatives in Perth, WA with my wife for a few weeks over March/ April 2005 and would like to visit any gyro events that might be happening. Can anyone let me know when & where anything is going on, please?I'm almost finished building a Montgomery Merlin GTS (check out http://www.gyrocopters.co.uk/ ) and have been doing the fixed wing thing in light stuff for around 30 years. I'd look forward to meeting any kindred spirits...Sharpy

Hi Art here, Not sure about events out west. Did manage to visit Jim Montgomerie this year at Crosshill, there was a customer's Merlin being built there, Black with Yellow If I remember, Is this yours perhaps ?Hope you enjoy your trip...cheers,...Art...

Comment

Sharpy,There is bound to be activity at Bindoon over Easter ! Some of us will be traveling to the East Coast to attend the Gyro Nationals at Cooma but I am sure that the guys left behind will be at Bindoon having some fun. Give me a call when you get to West Aust and I will be able to let you know whats happening.Adrian Stoffels Mob 0427094552

Comment

Hi Art, Yes, that one's mine. Almost finished now - I hope to fly it early 2005. It's now registered G-CCXS. I'll post some photos here in a few days in case anyone's interested. Cheers.Sharpy

Comment

Thanks for the info, Adrian - I'll be glad to give you a call when I'm in your neck of the woods and it would be great to see whatever gyroflying goes down. Ta much!Sharpy

Comment

Sharpy,What happened to the piccies of your Merlin?. They look a good deal like the Cricket but unlike the Cricket have a horizontal stabiliser which is good to see.Safe Flying ... ding Insanity is hereditory, you get it from your kids!

Comment

Sharpy,Interested in communicating with you and MechFx about your Merlin experiences. Please e-mail me as I've attempted same to you. My apologizes for using this format but I can't get the e-mail link to work.

Comment

Hi, Sorry, but I've been away and also had trouble getting a photo on the site - those I had were too big and I'm too IT illiterate to deal with it! Anyway, I'll take another picture (or two) and see how that goes.:-)quote:Originally posted by dingSharpy,What happened to the piccies of your Merlin?. They look a good deal like the Cricket but unlike the Cricket have a horizontal stabiliser which is good to see.Safe Flying ... ding Insanity is hereditory, you get it from your kids!Sharpy

Comment

Sharpy,Could I ask you some questions about your Merlin via e-mail?dshirley@bendcable.com

Comment

Hi dshirley, I've sent you an e-mail separately... post again if you didn't receive that. Cheers.Sharpy

Comment

Sharpy's Ride.Found pics from my trip to Montgomerie factory.Nice Machine...Image Insert: 28.74

Comment

Art, whats your phone number ? EricX

Comment

Cheers Art for posting the pictures. The machine should be flyable in a very few days. Windshield went on tonight, registration letters are on too, G-CCXS, all that's left to do is safety wires, EGT connection, wheel brake cable connection, pre-rotator cable connectin and some sort of upholstery.... then it's engine running in, final inspection and paperwork but I'll be waiting until after my Australian holiday before taking to the air.SharpySharpy

Comment

Hi guys, I'm in WA as I write this, adrian, i'll call you in the next few days, SharpySharpy

Comment

Working...
                            X