Gyro Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro Helmets

Hi All,Chasing best gyro helmets, the ones we have aren"t great, can hear on the ground and once in air nothing, the star aviation ones a mate lent us are great. sop if anyone knows of a good helmet or site for us to look through to order some would be great, preferably in Australia, and it is ones that have the 2 large aux plugs not phone jack style.thanks all again.

Or any feedback on good helmets,any help guys.

Comment

If the problem is not about comfort or safety but just hearing, perhaps modify what you have..?

Comment

i was thinking that to and am going to, but also need to get a smaller helmet and would like recommendations on good ones,i have an icaro helmet and find the peltier headset not too good, may just be a fault but yeah not sure why it works when on ground but once wheels off nothing, and in all our mates helmets works fine.

Comment

I have the same set up you"re running. It was doing exactly the same thing so I replaced the plugs and presto... I was back in action. I am surprised you haven"t had much feed back on what others are using and where to get it. Gel filled ear cups are handy for decreasing external noise and are comfy too.

Comment

Thanks Matt,Info and help is always great, will give it a try.

Comment

I do know what you are going through. you need to contact " chook" he is the man to talk to about "the black art of radios." those are other peoples words not mine but i agree. you could look up a post started by chook for me called: tony dentons radio problems. it is just a blurr now but I can"t even remember now what we went through, please contact chook.

Comment

Hi All just to give a small amount of information re fitted ear plugs can be set up for radios as I have seen several pilots with them. I just had my audiologist fit me with a set of fitted noise reduction plugs for when I am drilling and they work real well but you can still hear people talk. Cost was $199.00 well spent. Believe me it is too late when you find out you have lost 78% of your hearing, so do the protection thing. Please consider this post as complimentary to the threadCheers AYE What Was That Des Garvin

Comment

I"m in the market for a helmet also, I"m chasing a good helmet that will plug into a Icom-Ai5, not sure what brands are out there.I"ve currently got a motorbike helmet with noise reducing ear plugs, I need to run the volume flat out to here clearly (not good for the ears).If anybody can list a few brands I can have a look at I would appreciate it. Cheers,Mick

Comment

Chase up the motor cycle touring guys, it,s common for them to get those
                    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

G"day All, Any person chasing good Helmets, give Alan Wardell a ring

Comment

G"day All, Any person chasing good Helmets, give Alan Wardell a ring

Comment

If it"s worth anything Skyranch sells helmets with headsets and optional visors. I bought one with My MTO and found them to perform well. Pilot Communications sell a lot of buggery boxes to interface or interconnect radio comm"s with blue tooth and auxiliary input. My concern with this system is distraction. Like kids Doof Doof and their engine runs out of oil. I saw it happen in a company car.This kid loved his music loud, out of oil the engine seized near Bundy ripped the right cam wheel off the cam shaft piston chased valves. Cost $11,000 to replace engine, Warranty Voided on repair. Radio TX ans RX does mute on auxiliary input it"s just the distraction of not hearing those strange sounds from your engine or some one rings you when your busy landing or joining circuit with other aircraft. That"s why I don"t bother with the fancy stuff just a distraction you don"t need.

Comment

Airborne at Newcastle have the Magni style helmets as well, but I am not sure what type of connection they have.

Comment

Are there many people using Flycom helmets, would like to know how quiet the head sets are and how comfortable they are.CheersMick

Comment

Working...
                              X