Latest news on Paul Bruty's recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest news on Paul Bruty's recovery

Paul is improving steadily and they are now starting to talk about taking him out of intensive care and transferring him to the burns ward.

That"s great news, Eril. Any improvement is good, at times

Comment

Erill was having trouble posting this herself and asked if someone would post this for her.Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year from the Bruty Family Default

Comment

Gidday Eril,Can you update us on Paul"s progress please? I understand that he is out of the ICU and is being treated in the burns unit.Any information will be appreciated. Don"t like annoying you on the phone.Thanks.Waddles.
        Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Gidday All,I bit the bullet and rang Eril this afternoon (31/1) to check on Paul. Indications are that he is progressing well. The healing process is going better than expected and with the help of hyperbaric treatment, they are leaving his back wounds alone to take care of themselves.He is responding to physio and occupational therapy and as a result has a degree of independence as far as physical function is concerned. Not able to hold a glass yet, but it won"t be long.The difficulty as I see it as far as the hospital staff are concerned, is that he is no longer limited by tubes and breathing apparatus thus allowing full and free movement of the mouth and vocal system! I"ll bet he gives them all some stick! I guess that in itself is some sort of therapy.I haven"t determined yet, his status regarding visitors but will advise here as soon as the word is out. I"m sure he will appreciate some different ears to vent on soon.Waddles.
          Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Sounds like he"s getting back to his old self!

Comment

hmmm,all he needs is a lap top and we"ll all be in trouble...Great to see things happening in a positive way.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

I agree great to hear. Thanks Allan for the post. Des Garvin

Comment

Latest news from Eril Bruty -Hi Michael,We’re always happy to give you an update, and it’s easier when there are so many positives to report.Paul’s mobility is improving by the day and he has been out of bed and walking with the help of nurses and a frame. The naso-gastric tube was removed this week and he’s thoroughly enjoying his meals now. Of course, he’d lost a lot of weight but he’s turning that around. He has to focus on getting as much protein as he can manage each day.He now has his mobile phone and if you’d like to give me your number I’ll pass it on.

Comment

Thats great news, it wont be long at all and we will be back to "normal", brawling on the forums over CLT etc and it will be a pleasure too!!His phone number would be great. I would enjoy a chat with PB.

Comment

Well people I am back so watch out!!!!! I have been home for 3 weeks and found the going quite tough BUT improving day by day. The body is coming along well but the mind is in a roller coaster mode at the moment from "life won"t be any good" to "**** I feel alright."

Comment

PB, mate, you gota get sum proper foot ware on them things.

Comment

PB, mate, you gota get sum proper foot ware on them things. Ha ha!!!!!!!!!Aussie Paul.

Comment

Paul,[mood swings] from "life won"t be any good" to "**** I feel alright."

Comment

Paul old pal, how"s you progress going?

Comment

Working...
                              X