Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of crash on take-off (MT03 in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KymRead my post again.The bloke holds a nose high attitude and expects the gyro to climb without adequate airspeed. Also shortfield, two up, fuel load unknown and down wind take-off. Marginal machines reinforce so much of the basics of flying a gyro.Ross B

Comment

Mark, Why on earth would you want to fly a marginal machine. If the instructors were doing their job there would be no need. If there is a problen then don"t sign him off.Do you drive a marginal car for the hell of it?
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Yeehar, its me bestest mate kimberly agin.

Comment

Mark, Why on earth would you want to fly a marginal machine. If the instructors were doing their job there would be no need. If there is a problen then don"t sign him off.Do you drive a marginal car for the hell of it?

Comment

Aw, come on Bones..... your getting a little picky arn"t you.

Comment

Kym.................still waiting mate.

Comment

Ok reading this thread in its fullness, a serious question has come to mind.

Comment

No instructor wishes to see or hear of an incident that involved "his" student..........ever.....and i mean....EVERThere is some merit in a 2nd instructor co/ signing off etc, but this is fraught with poss probs.The "now" in place instructor "refresher" courses, i think is a damn good idea. Be real careful intimating "blame" directed towards "instruction"

Comment

It doesn"t matter how much you instruct people you cant allow for their own stupidity. Just look at drivers on the road. Some people just dont get it and some never will. Even though lots of people can drive, their skill levels vary greatly. Ted down the road may drive alright, but he may be no Peter Brock. Even he made a mistake of judgement. Mistakes happen and we need to get used to it. Ken

Comment

Maybe it is a good idea to modify the review times if the hours flown and the incident/accident occurrences coincide..... Well that is if everyone reported their hours flown. They would have to be specific reviews added to the normal flight reviews that currently stand.

Comment

G"day,Here in South Africa we do a "renewal flight test" every 2 years irrespective of hours flown, this is to re-validate your licence and with the PPL for example its 1 year after initial licence issue and then every 2 years. It may well be leaning towards over regulation but possibly for yours and your pax good health.fly safe

Comment

Looks like Boscarella is back from the badlands!"Why would you want to fly a marginal machine?" I ask myself the same question everytime I hear of a GA accident involving a cessna 150 or a small engined piper! In the world of GA, of which I think you come from, no-one learns in a dash 8 or an f111.The whole idea of leaning to fly is to reduce the likely hood of killing yourself, but in the air, its really hard to see what is going to try to kill you. "You have to try to feel the force Luke", dont know if you have ever noticed, but tis really hard to feel

Comment

Sorry weedy,Yeh, we do a similar thing here.Boscarella, Are you having a go at my diesel landcruiser? It might be slow, but boy is it uncomfortable! ;D

Comment

Good post Peg.Its always good to hear from sumone with common sence n brains.

Comment

The joker in that video could have all the reviews in the world and it wouldnt make any difference.Downwind takeoff, towards the trees, yanks it off the ground, behind the power curve, cant climb, tries to turn,(when he already cantclimb in a straight line).

Comment

Working...
                                X