No announcement yet.

Gyro crash Vic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webbie, I believe you on SAMs safety first as I watched him at the Lamaroo nationals and would agree with you. The only point I was communicating was that I am on my back because I let complancy get me. We all are human and we all do make a mistake some time as that is how we learn. Thanks to our members for the up date on this shocking occasion.Thanks to Echo for your post. Des Garvin

Comment

Murray, Sorry to hear this task was yours to bear.I can"t see the rotor in the photograph posted on the smh. I note the keel to the tail is bent back on itself through approximately 150ø. Is the rotor a contributor to this incident?Nic.P.S. I suspect more specifically a rotor tower may have failed? It is the first time I"ve had a good look at the head design.Murray & Allan and a couple of others were/are involved in the investigation. (This is tough for all of them)[*][/list]

The intial report has not even been submitted to the cororner yet.[*]It will become publicly available soon enough.[*]Please wait for the report to be submitted.[*]Please don"t speculate online.Regards Webmaster. (David)

Comment

Gutted.RIPArt

Comment

This is a time when words dont do justice for the likes of Sam. You will be missed by everyone. Prayers to Mr"s La Bruna and family and to the family of the passenger.

Comment

Quoted from Murrays post:- no pilot error involved. Weather was not a factor.never believed for second he made an error, cold comfort though.SAM I will miss you mate :"( and I"m sure so will every person who knew you.

Comment

Dito to webbies post. Des Garvin

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9JaP...layer_embedded

Comment

I have just had conformation, we are trying to coordinate this and ensure we know who will be attending the funeral etc.Funeral will most likely not be until next week.For all those that want to attend the funeral or afterwards.Please let me know with your First, Last names & Mobile Number.Or send a TEXT (SMS) to 0404889679 with your first and last name (Thsi is not a mobile phone it is my SMS server)I will let all know the details of the funeral, etc via my broadcast SMS system.Lena, Sam"s wife has expressed a desire to see as many of the aviation community who knew SAM and to attend the "wake" or celebration of his life after the funeral.If you wish to kept informed or attend the funeral and the afterwards please let me know, with the above details.If you know of someone that is not this forum that would like to be kept informed please pass this information on, so that they can also be informed.Thanks allRegards David. :"(

Comment

sad day indeed............RIP to both of them.russ
                    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

It"s a shame about the distance involved in everyone meeting for the funeral.

Comment

Being only a newbie to the sport i had spoken to sam on one occasion talking all things gyros.. all i can say is what a man always happy to help and give ideas even to somebody who was so far away and likely never to fly with he gave so much to the sport and to me as a newbie it is a real shame RIP

Comment

Sam was attracted to the Kruza by the attention to detail the boys gave to this gyro. I was lucky enough to fly with Sam to Echuca, and was amused by the number of broken items that had been

Comment

This is a tragic turn of events. I met Sam at Mt Beauty and we compared machines and I met him again at Echuca. My heart goes out to those left behind especially his family and Alastair and Jeff (the Kruza boys). This is a difficult time for everyone involved and it even affects a newbie like me. Gary

Comment

Sam was attracted to the Kruza by the attention to detail the boys gave to this gyro. I was lucky enough to fly with Sam to Echuca, and was amused by the number of broken items that had been

Comment

ABC published this todayABC News Report Click hereDonate to the Sam"s young family please the details are HEREThanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X