No announcement yet.

GT Gyroplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats impressive Sam. Very impressive list of features and well done to the boys [cant remember the names :-[]No doubt you will fly it across the ditch to the nationals?Hi BrianGT Gyroplanes is run by 2 brothers, Alistair and Geoff Morrison.Both real movers and grovers. Belive it or not, they are already working on plans for K3. And a possible Deisel option!!! As for flying across ditches, NO PROBLEMS, but flying across water, NO THANKS.Regards Sam.Thanks Sam, yep, Geoff & Alister, met them at Wangeratta and was very impressed with their efforts and ideas. Mm, I thought you being an adventurous type might fly across. I wanted to confront the challenge but Rosie voted against the idea plus if the noise stopped, I would be short of a gyro so its by boat we will go !!

Comment

Hi Sam Where is the fuel tank positioned, is it built as part of the cabinRegards AndrewHi AndrewThe firewall is the back part of the cabin, and made of Stainless Steel. The seat backs are then moulded and attached to it.The fuel tank is positioned behind the fire wall and Suby engine behind the tank. This completely seperates the crew and cabin from any fuel or oils.This is probably one of the Kruza"s greatest saftey design features.This design also allows the tank to be positioned close to the machine CofG and adds a noise/sound barrier (fuel cell, fire wall, and seats) between the engine and crew.I have attached some build photos which clearly show the SS fire wall, and fuel tank.Regards Sam.........

Comment

Bloodyell Sam, sounds like a real rijy dij machine. Wen they strapn a 914 onit? [And dont say it wont do it, coz it lifts the wasa easy.] >Hi BirdyGTG did look into using a Rotax 914, but at just under $40K, and no garentees if the 115 pony"s would suffice, it was quickly knocked on the head.The Rotax 4 banger is still not completley written off, and may still be used on future lighter models.The new motor will be supplied by Suby Air and is a modified EJ 25 set up for Aviation use. It boosts an increase

Comment

Yip..........them 4 banger rotaxes are good value for sure........[ geez russ, wash your mouth with soap ]
          If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Whats the Diesal motor that is being looked at ?I reckon that if a 914 can lift a WASA then the Cruzer wouldn"t be too much of a problem as the weight difference of the Soob versus the 914 would be pretty big.You got to hand it to Geoff and Alister, they certainly have spared nothing including lots of money to make this gyro a roaring success.

Comment

Whats the Diesal motor that is being looked at ?I reckon that if a 914 can lift a WASA then the Cruzer wouldn"t be too much of a problem as the weight difference of the Soob versus the 914 would be pretty big.You got to hand it to Geoff and Alister, they certainly have spared nothing including lots of money to make this gyro a roaring success.The newly released Subaru 2.0 Litre 4 Cyl. Boxer Deisel. Sam......

Comment

40K for a 914???Bloodyell, where did you get that quote from?All the spurts told me the 914 would never get the wasa off the deck too. Wots the engineless weight of the GT, and wots this soob weigh?

Comment

40K for a 914???Bloodyell, where did you get that quote from?All the spurts told me the 914 would never get the wasa off the deck too. Wots the engineless weight of the GT, and wots this soob weigh?Sorry mate, it was $37K to be exact.Since you never fly higher than 300ft, you could have saved some money and used a 582. LOL ;D ;D ;DJust joking birdy, but yes I would love to try a 914, and yes it may possibly be OK but the price is somewhat limiting.The current engine has done 160 plus hours and never missed a beat. I must admit, the K1 EJ25 is the first Suby I have ever used and very impressed so far.

Comment

Sam,Have you thought of using a Yamaha Genises 120hp motor?

Comment

Sorry mate, it was $37K to be exact.Bloodyell, gess ill just have to leave this one one for anatha coupla thousand hours then. Besides, its only just run in at 1250 hours.[ and never missed a beat either ]Just joking birdy, but yes I would love to try a 914, and yes it may possibly be OK but the price is somewhat limiting.Recon if we could convince R Patroney to make lefthand wide chords, itd lift it off no wurries.But yeh, 37K isa bit steep. Not too steep for this black duck tho.

Comment

Recon if we could convince R Patroney to make lefthand wide chords, itd lift it off no wurries. ??? ??? ???

Comment

Buyin one of them rotax"s..........guarantees your mail box is never empty.[ "AD"s arrive regularly......................to keep em goin..... ;D ;D ;D ]Obvious you never owned one Russ, they are mostly AA"s, and because they make so many engines, they need to cover everything at once.Soobs...........yip, fuel, oil.....go flyin

Comment

Hi JoeTwin Booms have been around for a long time. Here are some pics of others.Regards SamL..................

Comment

Hi JoeTwin Booms have been around for a long time. Here are some pics of others.Regards SamL..................

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X