No announcement yet.

GT Gyroplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi JoeTwin Booms have been around for a long time. Here are some pics of others.Regards SamL..................

Comment

Sam, last i tryed, Patroney dont make wide chords in left rotation.

Comment

Sam, last i tryed, Patroney dont make wide chords in left rotation.You run Rotax"s on both your Wasa and Feral, so this is not for you I gather ???May need to go IVO Magnum again.SamL

Comment

Hi JoeTwin Booms have been around for a long time. Here are some pics of others.Regards SamL.................. Hi Sam,My comment was meant to be a lighthearted dig at Bones"s Xenon. I hope that no offence was taken, because none was intended! Being a toolmaker by trade (originally), I can see the amount of thought and engineering work that has gone into the re-design of the Kruza"s tail assembly (as shown in your photo upload (Tank 1)).It stands to reason that twin booms are sturdier, you can rotate the Gyro at a greater angle on take-off, larger props are a possibility, longer moment arm, etc. etc...If I had the funds, I would invest in the Kruza and possibly try a rotary diesel like the ZO1A see http://www.zoche.de/ at 150 HP/85kg, or the Rotamax Skypower 120 Aviation Engine, see http://www.rotaryae.com/ at 120HP/66kg.Regards,JoeW

Comment

Hi JoeNo offence was ever taken. My post was to show any newbys that twin tail gyros have been around for a long time and not something new.SamL

Comment

sam, what weight will it be when finished. just out of curiousoty does any one know what size is a rotax 912 and/or 914 is in cc.

Comment

sam, what weight will it be when finished. just out of curiousoty does any one know what size is a rotax 912 and/or 914 is in cc.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good to see you back Fred, how did christmas /new year treat you?G"day Brian,Thanks for that. Starting to get back in the swing of things, and might even get a bit of a fly in shortly. Weather hasn"t been all that flash. Wore a jumper on Xmas day (must be global warming???) ;D ;D . Tomato plants nearly "carked it" from the cold in December. ??? ???Christmas was quiet, but good. The kids were down, and we just did it quiet. How"s the old Suby perculating?CheersFred

Comment

Comment

G"day Brian,Thanks for that. Starting to get back in the swing of things, and might even get a bit of a fly in shortly. Weather hasn"t been all that flash. Wore a jumper on Xmas day (must be global warming???) Grin Grin . Tomato plants nearly "carked it" from the cold in December. Huh HuhChristmas was quiet, but good. The kids were down, and we just did it quiet.How"s the old Suby perculating?CheersFred Report to moderator

Comment

Comment

Below is footage taken off the GT Gyroplanes web site. This shows the prototype "Kruza" performing.Regards SamL............... ;Dhttp://www.gtgyroplanes.com.au/images/Gyro.wmv

Comment

G"day allBelow are some pictures of the Kruza at this years Avalon Airshow. If you look closely you will see the new 4x2 light weight gear box.

Comment

Working...
                                X