Gyro News ,and 2009 Nats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro News ,and 2009 Nats.

Hello All,Due to an ever increasing workload on our Gyro News editor Art Spink, he has reluctantly informed us the Winter GN will be his last.Any ASRA member who thinks they may have the time and skills to fill this important roll within ASRA please notify me ASAP by email or phone. Best number is 0412957122 up to 2030hrs.I will take this opportunity to thank Art for his work over the last year or so and the quality Magazine he produced.Also, we still need submissions from interested individuals or clubs to host the 2009 nationals.2010 is locked in for WA so get your heads together NOW if you think you may have a suitable venue for 2009.Murray Barker,Prez.

I have to agree with Murray on congratulating Art on his input to a top quality Gyro news magazine. Thank you Art.Thanks Murray for the confermation of the Nationals 2010 in W.A. Ya all goning to be there as this is W.A."s first hosting.I am looking forward to this event in the best part of Aussie

Comment

Guys.............2009 is getting dead set urgent to sort. Lots of guys need to plan their travel arrangements to where ever they will be held.All we need is a grass strip, plenty of campfire firewood, sleepin under the trees, water, toilets etc, steaks / snags /eggs / salad shyte / and a couple of bleedin big BBQ"s that we can cook our tucker on after we purchase the stuff off yars.See...............bugger all to it
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Clarence Point The Old Lodge.Has grass strip, water, trees, toilets, accomodation and camping, steaks and CHIPS!Do a deal with the Spirit of Tasmania TT shipping line on ferry charges and then you have a venue.Mitch

Comment

No. 5, bloodyell Mitch, the ferel would get lost on that much airstrip.

Comment

be my luck that bleedin puddle of water between us will be rough as guts.........and ol russy spends the whole trip hangin over the handrails spredin the contents of his stomach......or whatever.Then doin the same thing 4 days latter............can"t wait

Comment

Reckon I"ll have to move that bit of fence line and wood pile then if you intend dropin in for a "cuppa". Need to give faithful ole feral a tad more rooom, now she"s gettin on, Eh! ;DI"ve seen you fly on three or four occassions now Birdy and would expect you could drop your feral/or Monarch in, on my drive right in front of the hangar (workshop) door. Fact is, once the bloke at the lodge is setup with some hangar space (constructing now), I"ll likely operate from there.Russ,I thought you were the great white Barra fisherman from the NT. You should have been places, in big tidal flow estuaries/river systems, in a alum dingy, that would make you want to bring up the BBQ Barra you had for breakfast. It"s a real big boat Russ. It will be OK. ;DI had recently mentioned this venue to another member after seeking out the owner, to inform him I would be operating a gyro in the area, when he told me I was welcome to operate off the Lodge airstrip. Upon further discusions and inspection of the proposed strip and property in general, it became aparent, that the area is well cleared and so to are other areas close by. Ideal for some fun flying, right on Bass Strait.Well let me know what you blokes on the board are thinking. I dont want to talk to the "man" unless it"s a reasonable possibility.

Comment

Clarence Point The Old Lodge.Has grass strip, water, trees, toilets, accomodation and camping, steaks and CHIPS!Do a deal with the Spirit of Tasmania TT shipping line on ferry charges and then you have a venue.MitchSound like a great place for a Nationals ol mate.

Comment

Mitch, You need to make a written submission to the Board.Maybe you could talk to the owner and get an idea if he would be interested then get back to us.I don"t think the Board would have any problems with the nationals held in Tassie.The "Longest distance flown" trophy would certainly be well earned.The other option for 2009 would be a flyin with in conjunction with the RA AUS at Narromine.

Comment

Murray I will never submit I will talk to the owner.I"m sure the board would have no problem with the nationals held in Tassie. LOLI was thinking I might just attend Nat Fly every year and promote the Monarch with GFLG and MLS to the available market ....that"s the smart thing to do...not submit to any board :-*I"ll get back to you. Consider this your written submission thingy. :P

Comment

Mitch me ol son

Comment

Russ I"m guessing there"d be three strips you could get fuel at on the way across.Been told there is a bit of dry rock every 10 miles or so, ultralights do it all the time, Jabiru, etc.I"d take the ferry if I was you, ditchin in the Strait next to a seal colony on a bit of rock,

Comment

Russ, Boeing 737"s have an endurance of more than 5 hours at a lot more than 60 Knots. That"s the only way you will be flying anywhere in 2009. Mitch, OK I will put it another way. When you get things sorted write to the ASRA Board (email) with details of your proposal.

Comment

Muz, me ol china

Comment

Muz I will go half with you in the bottle!! The only way russ it will be in the this year is by hanging from a chain off someones roof. It will be worth the wait as he has just done some work for me first class.cheers Queue jumper Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X