6061T6 material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6061T6 material

I am in need of a piece of 2"" x 4"" 6061T6 box with 1/8"" wall thickness 1450mm Long.

i"m not sure if the solid is available in imperial.??????????

Comment

I am in need of a piece of 2"" x 4"" 6061T6 box with 1/8"" wall thickness 1450mm Long.

Comment

Hi Mauds, not sure about the large box section you are chasing but these guys should have everything else you needhttp://www.thyssenkruppaerospace.com/materials.htmlOr these guys http://www.airportmetals.com/See how you go. I think performance metals in Sydney will stock some of what you are chasing, they are easy to find on google. Hope the project goes well.Matt

Comment

HiHaving trouble sourcing the keel material with neither Action Aluminum in Brisbane, Performance Metals in Sydney or Airport Metals in Melbourne able to supply T6061T6 in either 2"" x 4"" or 2"" box to use for keel.

Comment

G"day John,Try Metalsdepot www.metalsdepot.com I seen that 2"x4" 1/8mm size you was chasing in the 6061. Pretty sure they said they sell in lengths of 2ft increments.

Comment

ok, the metals depot is a good site. I stand corrected on the imperial sizes and, so some other suppliers have been fibbing to me. thanks framey.

Comment

Remember to specify that the internal corners must be rounded not sharp angled for gyro keel/mast structures. Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

Thanks Framey they have all the products I need

Comment

In case you don"t have a choice, internally rounded corners are not that important for the RAF set up John. All of the RAF extrusions are square on the inside.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Hi guys. Can someone please help?
                      I see there are no posts newer here than 2013 that I can see??
                      I am building my 2 seat gyro and need a couple of meters of mast material (RHS) with radius inside corners and 6061-T6 temper. The section I am trying to matchup is 63mm x 50mm or 2-1/2" x 1-15/16" for those imperially minded. Does anyone know where I can get a supplier of these most exotic materials in OZ land? If I have to I will even convert to 6061-T6 round tubing if someone knows where I can get that either?
                      I look forward to a response.

Comment

Contact the SEQGC
                        They post on the forum every month notifying of flying weekend
                        They have some 2 x 2-1/2 that may be for sale.
                        Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Thanks RossM for the quick reply. I will try them as you suggest.

Comment

G'day Phil,

SEQGC have lengths of keel/mast material in 6061T6. I can bring home from Wondai on Jan 15th or you can come up to Wondai and collect yourself. Not sure of the price but will check it out for you.

Also. I've asked around re your blades and so far, no-one can identify them. However, if the hub bar is only around 19 mm, it is not acceptable on a two place gyro and could possibly be 2024 alloy which is banned by ASRA for that purpose. Additionally, the bolt pattern is not good at all. They are normally staggered, not opposite each other like yours.

Waddles.
                            Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Just getting in early, happy birthday, Allan [Waddles]
                              Rossco
                              Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Working...
                              X