No announcement yet.

Firebird Wheel Spat possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by BrianPaul, yes, they look good but just a bit lower please. Not much good for a mustering machine though If you lower them any further Brian you have trouble inspecting the wheel and tyre and a real pain to get air into. As you say they are not suitable for rough strips, and they do not do much if anything for improvement in airspeed so these days I really can't see much sense in fitting them on a gyro in the first place.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BrianPaul, yes, they look good but just a bit lower please. Not much good for a mustering machine though If you lower them any further Brian you have trouble inspecting the wheel and tyre and a real pain to get air into. As you say they are not suitable for rough strips, and they do not do much if anything for improvement in airspeed so these days I really can't see much sense in fitting them on a gyro in the first place.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BrianPaul, yes, they look good but just a bit lower please. Not much good for a mustering machine though BrianPooncarie NSWBrian, one thing that was pionted out to me on this subject is, one must be sure that when the machine is right back on the tail wheel that there still is a little bit of clearance with the wheel spats,, but in saying that yes i think just looking at it, they could come down a bit..r0t0rcraft.com.au

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BrianPaul, yes, they look good but just a bit lower please. Not much good for a mustering machine though BrianPooncarie NSWBrian, one thing that was pionted out to me on this subject is, one must be sure that when the machine is right back on the tail wheel that there still is a little bit of clearance with the wheel spats,, but in saying that yes i think just looking at it, they could come down a bit..r0t0rcraft.com.au

Comment

Nice looking spats Paul. I am surprised Nick didn't have a go at you for holding them on with duct tape.Tim McClureBroken Hill

Comment

Nice looking spats Paul. I am surprised Nick didn't have a go at you for holding them on with duct tape.Tim McClureBroken Hill

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TimNice looking spats Paul. I am surprised Nick didn't have a go at you for holding them on with duct tape.Tim McClureBroken HillYeah Tim. It would be a worry if Nick was in to 2 seaters!!!!!!!!!!I was going to change the duct tape for 100mph tape for the certified version!!!!Nick could learn from the saying,"you have 2 eyes, 2 ears and one mouth. use them in that order!!!!!!"Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TimNice looking spats Paul. I am surprised Nick didn't have a go at you for holding them on with duct tape.Tim McClureBroken HillYeah Tim. It would be a worry if Nick was in to 2 seaters!!!!!!!!!!I was going to change the duct tape for 100mph tape for the certified version!!!!Nick could learn from the saying,"you have 2 eyes, 2 ears and one mouth. use them in that order!!!!!!"Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Personally I do not like spats for normal operations, BUT they sure do look great and many a sale is made on looks, and as such, I have to be able to provide whatever the customer requires!![^]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Personally I do not like spats for normal operations, BUT they sure do look great and many a sale is made on looks, and as such, I have to be able to provide whatever the customer requires!![^]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Paul,You forgot the ten digits...I'm sooooooooooo glad you are ahead of me by the alleged 2/20 steps, but I know you'd think I was a total a'hole if I let you get all the way to finished and then bought it up as a defect, and if you hadn't thought of it and you had to fix it it would be a total pain in the air to fix... you know I did bracket the possibility that you were ahead by saying it was a mock up. Really, Paul, condescencion gives you no graces, you could do a better job of it by saying, thank you, yes, I do have a triangulating brace for the mains cross member and it looks like this...picture [ that really shows us how smart you are, good PR and goods sales image - the man with all the answers] , but.... have you ever suffered an oversight? You know, when you do something that *you* think is fantastic, and somebody you know has the brain of a pea asks that one diabolical question which suddenly demolishes all that you thought was brilliant and intelligent [me being the victim of many such moments hath sought to say, "it probably wont work", and then if it does work it is really good]But let us consider for the moment a chap who looks at your design and says to himself 'I can build it like that', [yes, more fool him], and does so, he suffers the fate I have apportioned to this design *only as it is currently shown*.. what of him Paul? I know that you usually know generally what to do [No GM, I wont bring it up] Half my motivation for asking these questions and for saying that it is a mock up is to do something to protect those unsuspecting souls who might try to emulate your design, they may not have the wealth of experience that you do and may follow what you have only half done so far.Many hands make light work, so put your hands up! give us your wallets too!Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Paul,You forgot the ten digits...I'm sooooooooooo glad you are ahead of me by the alleged 2/20 steps, but I know you'd think I was a total a'hole if I let you get all the way to finished and then bought it up as a defect, and if you hadn't thought of it and you had to fix it it would be a total pain in the air to fix... you know I did bracket the possibility that you were ahead by saying it was a mock up. Really, Paul, condescencion gives you no graces, you could do a better job of it by saying, thank you, yes, I do have a triangulating brace for the mains cross member and it looks like this...picture [ that really shows us how smart you are, good PR and goods sales image - the man with all the answers] , but.... have you ever suffered an oversight? You know, when you do something that *you* think is fantastic, and somebody you know has the brain of a pea asks that one diabolical question which suddenly demolishes all that you thought was brilliant and intelligent [me being the victim of many such moments hath sought to say, "it probably wont work", and then if it does work it is really good]But let us consider for the moment a chap who looks at your design and says to himself 'I can build it like that', [yes, more fool him], and does so, he suffers the fate I have apportioned to this design *only as it is currently shown*.. what of him Paul? I know that you usually know generally what to do [No GM, I wont bring it up] Half my motivation for asking these questions and for saying that it is a mock up is to do something to protect those unsuspecting souls who might try to emulate your design, they may not have the wealth of experience that you do and may follow what you have only half done so far.Many hands make light work, so put your hands up! give us your wallets too!Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Come on guys. This forum sponsored on the concept of members disseminating helpful advice and hints on safe building design, safe flight, other safety issues, training and general interest issues. I marvel at the wealth of knowledge and the willingness of members to help one another.Judging by other posts, I am sure Nick had just those intentions when he made the above comments and I am equally confident that Paul and all of us would welcome worthwhile comment. The trick on this forum to sort through the wheat and the chaff, so please don't get annoyed when you get advice that looks like you are being told how to suck eggs, just accept that this advice on that occasion is just chaff to you. To others though the very same information can be accepted as worthwhile and useful.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Come on guys. This forum sponsored on the concept of members disseminating helpful advice and hints on safe building design, safe flight, other safety issues, training and general interest issues. I marvel at the wealth of knowledge and the willingness of members to help one another.Judging by other posts, I am sure Nick had just those intentions when he made the above comments and I am equally confident that Paul and all of us would welcome worthwhile comment. The trick on this forum to sort through the wheat and the chaff, so please don't get annoyed when you get advice that looks like you are being told how to suck eggs, just accept that this advice on that occasion is just chaff to you. To others though the very same information can be accepted as worthwhile and useful.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Pete,Good advice on it being able to get air into them, valid point - I didn't think of that. Would you suggest the spat be made more shallow for this purpose?Tim,On the duct tape - it is pretty obvious it is a mock up, but the rest of it looks quite serious, you are excused.Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Working...
                                X