EA81 duel ign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA81 duel ign.

Tony sent me a PM about duel ign. dist. into duel plugs. I was unable to work out on this new forum how to answer a PM. Anyway Tony I have only made up a Dist. to suit duel sensor/igniters into single plugs. (Using a HT 'diode' to allow 2 coils into one dist. cap) To suit 100% duel ign. you would be best try and locate the original sub. 4 dist. which I asume has duel HT outlet, ect. I've seen one 15 yrs. ago on Russes flying pencil but can't remember the layout.

thanks max, I learned to fly in in an owen dahl gyro with a sub 4 and have the chance to fit some heads to another engine , I just have the dizzy part missing. ,

Comment

Standby lads, somewhere ?......I've got the exact details you need. BTW........how is ewes, bin loooong time.
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Max......before I go delving about.....that single seater your way built by Colin ? ( forgot his name ) he had a duel setup on it, 2 independent circuits, that feed to the original spark plug. That machine I think...is still NT.
        parts were easily sourced. Mine was similar, but 2 spark plugs per cyl. ( sub 4 heads ) the guy to chase there is Bundaberg guy.....had a engineering shop, forgot his name. ( was mates with patroney ).... Jeeezus, his name is on the tip of me tongue.

Comment

Stuberfield engineering....

Comment

Here ya go.....
            twin ign ea81

distributor mods by " performance Ign Services" Melbourne.....98723644

double coil thingo....( automatic coil selector) made by MSD ign, part number 8210, sold by Rocket industries NSW. 88251900

you send your dizzy to Melbourne, they modify it to 2 pickups inside, the rest is easy.

then there's the Bundaberg method ( 2 spark plugs per cyl )

Comment

thanks russ, probably would never get it from your mate steve as it would never get done, but i'll make some calls to the others . good that your good and back.
              what's the latest blurb on your gyro, do you still have it or is it sold ???

Comment

Spot on there tony......pick their brains, carefully, then go elsewhere. ( me "mate".....you must be kiddin )

Comment

The X Collin craft is still here Rus. It has been re- dezigned and flies well. It's actually for sale at present. Advetised on the Gyro buy sell swap and the gyro face book. I coppied his ign. system. I think there's no such thing as an inventor. Except maybe the clever dick that invented the wheel. From then on we just borrowed each others idea and added a bit more.

Comment

Gday max Ol son......best "invention) in 100yrs...........zip ties.

Comment

Love Zip ties. Worked in the Auto elect trade for years before they were invented. If I cut one I always cut the correct side and use it again on something a bit smaller!

Comment

yeah russ, I thought you would like that one,.
                        I don't usually like picking someones brains and then going else where. if it's there idea then I use them.

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
                          Love Zip ties. Worked in the Auto elect trade for years before they were invented. If I cut one I always cut the correct side and use it again on something a bit smaller!
                          You bloody tight ****. 😉......bet when you take junk to the dump, you come back with more than you took.

Comment

Of course! Brought up just after WW2. Things hard to get. Hate waste. Even wash and re-use my dental floss. My gyro has some dump parts in it.

Comment

the guys at performance iginiton services are pretty good to deal with . very professional and nothing seems too hard and they come through with everything they say they will do in a reasonable amount of time so anyone dealing with them would have to be happy about that. I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X