Peak Hill in the mid 90s. Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak Hill in the mid 90s. Photo

This pic was taken at Peak Hill at the strip on the eastern side of the highway. The back left I think is Gary Percy from Forbes, me, Peckett, Tim relaxing on the bonnet of the merc......Not sure the others, don"t know who that is snorting the giant line of whatever off the ground? Someone might be able to add more names? I think it was 1995

Didgeridoo player is John McQueen.Aussie Paul.

Comment

I was there at peak hill (first instructors course) Nov. 13 1994 playing the squeeze box with Magoo on the didgery-doo celibrating my instructor flight test. Jacko made me do flat spins among other things in his air command. I saw Joe Picket"s gyro wheeled off a trailer to do flight tests and was relieved when it wouldn"t start. I was not impressed with the workmanship. (A year or so later it fell out of the sky killing Joe and his student) John McQueen didn"t pass the flight test that day. (Blamed his long legs) He passed a later flight test. Drove there in my brisbane bus (mobile home) cruising speed 60 kph. Had a double bed in the rear above a 12,000cc engine. I would tell the ladies the bed had a 12"000cc vibrator built in

Comment

muz, is that you 2nd from the left ????

Comment

I was there at peak hill (first instructors course) Nov. 13 1994 playing the squeeze box with Magoo on the didgery-doo celibrating my instructor flight test. Jacko made me do flat spins among other things in his air command. I saw Joe Picket"s gyro wheeled off a trailer to do flight tests and was relieved when it wouldn"t start. I was not impressed with the workmanship. (A year or so later it fell out of the sky killing Joe and his student) John McQueen didn"t pass the flight test that day. (Blamed his long legs) He passed a later flight test. Drove there in my brisbane bus (mobile home) cruising speed 60 kph. Had a double bed in the rear above a 12,000cc engine. I would tell the ladies the bed had a 12"000cc vibrator built in I remember that Max, I was soo pleased that Joe"s engine blew a coil and did not start. I can still remember the smell of burnt bakalite. Joe rang me later that week complaining that I had been overheard chatting to Tim mcClure about the state of Joe"s 2 seat gyro. Joe said he had left things "not quite right" to test the ASRA 2 seat committee, of which I was a member. I told Joe "Bullshit" and that his gyro was nowhere near airworthy.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Joe peckitt......geez, that"s going back some. Joe and Aldeena ( partner ) hunted me down 1992 thereabouts, they drove up in their ford falcon, stayed with us for about 1 week while I taught him to fly gyros.They were a wild couple, he was a sheep shearer, Aldeena was wool classer, Cook, etc....he"d never flown in a gyro, had him solo in about 6 hrs, alarm bells were pounding in my head, joe was totally uninterested in the details of gyro flite, the consequences of matters etc, he just wanted to get the bleedin thing into the air.Wild man, fearless, didn"t give a rats about most things, Aldeena, she somehow kept up to him.....RIP joe
            If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Joe peckitt......geez, that"s going back some. Joe and Aldeena ( partner ) hunted me down 1992 thereabouts, they drove up in their ford falcon, stayed with us for about 1 week while I taught him to fly gyros.They were a wild couple, he was a sheep shearer, Aldeena was wool classer, Cook, etc....he"d never flown in a gyro, had him solo in about 6 hrs, alarm bells were pounding in my head, joe was totally uninterested in the details of gyro flite, the consequences of matters etc, he just wanted to get the bleedin thing into the air.Wild man, fearless, didn"t give a rats about most things, Aldeena, she somehow kept up to him.....RIP joeRuss, I took Aldina for a ride in my white RAF during the Coonamble Nationals.Aussie Paul.

Comment

muz, is that you 2nd from the left ????Yes, and the camera broke taking that shot

Comment

Anyway, according to quantam physics, experiment after experiment shows not a single particle exists with real properties if no one is observing. Space and time are simply the minds tools for putting everything together. In other words we"re in a "dream". When we die we wake up. Joe"s in paradise (But not with 120 virgins)

Comment

But do particles actually exist at all? Or are we just a figment of the imagination of some imaginary being?

Comment

Right on mad muz, I think the particles don"t exist at all and we are the characters in someones dream. "God" I like some of the scripts in star treck, one being John Luke gets hit with an alien energy beam and collapses on the floor. After 20 mins. he awakes and has lived an entire life with a wife and two kids. (Time is an illusion)

Comment

Utter Barstards! they have stolen my life story..... I want royalties! :-*

Comment

Untill humans understand the true nature of consciousness attemps to understand the world will remain a road to nowhere

Comment

There"s was a cow in the yard tday that was momentarily unconscious Max, where was she then?

Comment

Oh, crap Birdy, you shouldn"t wack them that hard! The poor old Moo cow Probably knows you"re about to murder it.

Comment

Working...
                              X