No announcement yet.

Fuel info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he went across the nulabor way........ ???
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I think he went across the nulabor way........ ???The gyro didn"t know

Comment

Russ,Looks like you got it sorted. I presume you are coming over via the "Darwin H"way"

Comment

Yea adrian..........that"s the intended. Couple of stop points have bitumen strips, right at front door.All i need to do now is ring the fuel carter co, and tell them how much to drop off at each point. ....( drums only )The 2 guys that cart way out that way, were only to pleased to help out, even came up with alternative ideas, etc etc...........Next prob.........sort a light / compact drum pump.........let"s seeQuery...........if the battery shytes itself.......flat.........can you hand start a CFI engine ???.......this is my only weak link, they give no notice if they guna cack it....( shudup russy........think positive.........no probs guna occur ) ;DHey Davo.........mentioned to one guy over that way, that i sorta knew you, and you might be passin over too at some time.........all went silent, the only noise i then heard was him cockin his 12 guage............got me buggered. Heard on the vine.........another staging point is based at broken hill, then headin over...........good stuff

Comment

Hey webby................tinkin here...........how about transferring this whole thread into the 2010 Nats thread

Comment

Update............got a call this arvo from a guy who i had to get permission from to use their strip........all is Ok.In the course of the call, he mentioned they would sell me avgas if i needed it from their stocks.........bewdy i says, will save me truckin a drum of fuel into him.The now prob is..............will me EFI soob run on avgas, rang me soob dealer here........he don"t know, he rang south.........they don"t knowAlso told of an extra fuel point enroute.........cuts out the one big leg now........longest leg now 3 hrs max......bewdy.stay tuned.............

Comment

Update............got a call this arvo from a guy who i had to get permission from to use their strip........all is Ok.In the course of the call, he mentioned they would sell me avgas if i needed it from their stocks.........bewdy i says, will save me truckin a drum of fuel into him.The now prob is..............will me EFI soob run on avgas, rang me soob dealer here........he don"t know, he rang south.........they don"t knowAlso told of an extra fuel point enroute.........cuts out the one big leg now........longest leg now 3 hrs max......bewdy.stay tuned.............Russ,Search the subaru site. This was discussed a while back. I think they use an additive. Alwick will know.CheersFred

Comment

Yea Fred, i remember the group talking about that...........real good info. Me prob is, i accidently deleted all those posts............so i"m buggered.Do me a favour, check it out, get back to me, better still tell me when to give you a callcheers.........russ

Comment

RussWhat engine are you running. My EFI ej22 runs ok on avgas.Ross B

Comment

Im not sure, but isnt there a bit of a problem with using avgas in a subie because of the lead affecting the O2 sensor? Ive never been game to try it just in case the computer chucks a wobbly because it thinks there is a problem with the fuel mixture.I would love a reply because it would be nice to be able to run on avgas and not have to rely on a ground crew.

Comment

Ross.............ej25.......active valve. ( but don"t you have no oxy sensor in your setup

Comment

RussMark does have an o2 sensor but it don"t think it"s the norm.

Comment

Russ,In my experience a bit of AVGAS wont cause a problem unless you run it all the time. Yes the O2 sensor will be comtaminated by lead if AVGAS is used to much.Once you get past Warburton then there is plenty of Premium UL avail.Adrian

Comment

Here is the info I found from http://www.prachapter34.com/converting_engines.htmIf you use AVGAS 100LL in your Subaru engine converted for aircraft use please take note:Lead particles can and will over time damage your valves. To avoid this do two things:1. Use mineral engine oil or synthetic mix. Pure synthetic oil does not suspend lead.2. Use a lead arresting additive, TCP is a common way to do this but is highly toxic. Here is a new alternative:http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal....lin.phpDecalin Chemicals manufactures products for the experimental aircraft aviation community.

Decalin Fuel Additive in a 16 ounce bottle, treats up to 320 gallons of fuel.

Scavenges Lead in aviation fuel after combustion to prevent lead oxide buildup on valves but still allows the lead to perform the anti-knock function prior to combustion. It is an excellent additive for auto conversions, where it reduces buildup on oxygen sensors and plugs. If you have to use 100LL, then this stuff is for you. Prevents valve seat erosion from valve seat micro welding. It is equivalent to TCP. Does not contain volatile solvents so it is safe to ship and safe in the cockpit. You can carry it with you for out-of-town airports. Easy to use graduated measuring and dispensing resevoir built into the bottle. No messy syringes! Tested and stable down to 0 degrees F.Decalin TCP is not approved for use in the engines of certified aircraft. Description Part No. Price Buy Decalin Fuel Additive - 16 oz. bottle 05-01406 $19.95 Decalin Fuel Additive - Quart 05-01413 $31.50

Comment

Russ,In my experience a bit of AVGAS wont cause a problem unless you run it all the time. Yes the O2 sensor will be comtaminated by lead if AVGAS is used to much.Once you get past Warburton then there is plenty of Premium UL avail.Adrian Adrian has it spot on, I have to run avgas at odd times and there is no problems with the 2.2.Very different story if you run avgas full time as some 912 drivers can testify to.Premium is the ONLY stuff that should be used !! I have gone from one to another a few times now and the difference is real.

Comment

Working...
                                X