Fuel info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel info

Doing the ground work for next yrs Nats........WAIntend crossing east to west, through the middle............got a problem with 2 fuel points on the way, both being "communities "
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Hi RussGive this a look and see wot you reckon

Comment

Hey Russ,You tell ém it"s going in your Subaru (with engine type .........). The motor don"t know it"s in a gyro.

Comment

Yosh mate.........can"t see the octane rate

Comment

Min Octane was 91

Comment

Taking fuel into a community thats funny, wont be much left by the time you get there

Comment

It"s moments like these i wish i had a 4 banger rotax...........12 sumin LP / hrdoin me sums here looks like i gota carry extra 80L in me 2 bladders, along with tools / spares / tucker / WATER / cookin gear / swag / clothes / shaving cream, bla, bla, bla..............christ, bleedin thing will never get off the ground.If everything falls into place here, should be one hell of a trip........keen as mustard. :

Comment

Tim.........done the "community" thingo several times in the territory, go about it the right way........no probs.Local coppers are the ones to get onside, or teachers etc.Some of these "remote" communities are a blast on your sences/ the lifestyle/ folks etc ,sometimes makes one jealous, others, you think..... what the hell is going on here.When i get a bit more old and decrebid might write a tale or 2.........would be a good read.

Comment

This sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Reckon I might make an effort to go, just a few things to do first like get my licence and debating whether to trust a 2 banger rotax to cross a continent LOL.Could even coax the missus to be ground crew if I get her a good enough chrissy present. (Now I"m really dreaming)

Comment

I"d trust the 2 banger.

Comment

No mate......ground crew is about the last thing you want in places like this. They only add to possible problems.And their prob, ends up being your prob....................been there, done that.Just prep your machine as best as.........no ifs or maybe........PLAN the route etc etc etc, carry the sat ph, keep the coppers, or some one, in the loop as you leave a point..........and hope all goes well...........which it will.Get familiar with expected reference points, know where you are ( and just in case your trusty GPS cakes it, have a backup one, all loaded ready to go. I carry me old one about ) ;DGot caught just the once...............flat tyre ( had repair kit )..be buggered if i could break the bead to patch the tube..........got that prob sorted back home a few days later. ( bead breaker thingo )Also fitted a wrap of thick leather inside the rims.......helps to protect me tubes.As to "spares" etc carried................might start a thread on ideas from folks about here. And if............you get disoriented.........don"t head 1 way, then another, then another as you is panicking, bleedin voice in ya head makes you do dumb things.............that"s where the "planning" sorts that out. Be aware of the general positions of things..........friendly things.I better shut up.........

Comment

And if............you get disoriented.........don"t head 1 way, then another, then another as you is panicking, bleedin voice in ya head makes you do dumb things.............that"s where the "planning" sorts that out. Be aware of the general positions of things..........friendly things.I better shut up.........

Comment

will a soob run on this,I wouldnt use that goanner p1ss to start a fire. >Never heard a good word bout that scam .And cors BP recon its orrite, they want to sell the crap.Ring up the moo farms near where y need the fuel Russ, theyll be much more accomodaten. [ till they meet you at least ]

Comment

This sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Reckon I might make an effort to go, just a few things to do first like get my licence and debating whether to trust a 2 banger rotax to cross a continent LOL.Could even coax the missus to be ground crew if I get her a good enough chrissy present. (Now I"m really dreaming)I reckon Ian Morecombe did the west to east crossing abput a dozen years ago in a 2 banger. Cheers

Comment

Today has been a good day............have sourced me fuels/ stopovers for the WA legs, the easy bit is the Qld bit.Last 2 days ringin around has payed off big time. The legs are all easily managable.........longest leg 4.5hrs max And finding spots to drop into for a pee etc shouldn"t be a prob either...........bleedin long road/ track, goes east / west, be real handy.No need

Comment

Working...
                              X