No announcement yet.

Fuel info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russ,In my experience a bit of AVGAS wont cause a problem unless you run it all the time. Yes the O2 sensor will be comtaminated by lead if AVGAS is used to much.Once you get past Warburton then there is plenty of Premium UL avail.Adrian Adrian has it spot on, I have to run avgas at odd times and there is no problems with the 2.2.Very different story if you run avgas full time as some 912 drivers can testify to.Premium is the ONLY stuff that should be used !! I have gone from one to another a few times now and the difference is real.Adrian.......thanks mate, should only need 3 tanks avgas, then onto premium again.Brian.........difference better with premium, or other way round ??? ( avgas 100 plus.......premium 97ish )Dean.........interesting info..........thanks
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Brian.........difference better with premium, or other way round Huh ( avgas 100 plus.......premium 97ishI was referring to the difference

Comment

I got caught once with not enuf fuel to get home, and all ol mate had wasa jerry of avgas.It ended up bout a 50/50 premium/avgas mix, and the power was DOWN, and consumption was UP. [ to bout 13Lph ]Not sure wot 100% avgas would do ina 912, but the mix was only to get me home.

Comment

Dave............premium is around 96 oct.............av is 100+oct, and you say your power was down, and consump was up..................got me buggered. Would"ve figured power etc the same ish........just the extra lead a possible problemLastly.............do you run that flashlube even in ya premium............why .....and how much per tank do you put in.

Comment

RussIn the Ej22 run on avgas I"ve found the consumption was up and the power about the same as premium.Avgas is an expensive way to flyRoss B

Comment

Dave..........is there some sort of publication / whatever, ( grazing industry ) showing moo growers across a state, location etc, or is it who ya knows and word of mouth stuff.

Comment

Russ, Flashlube has the amount to use on the bottle but its around 50 ml per 60 litres [approx]. You can get it varying sizes. I get mine from Bursons but most auto shops have it as well. As far as I"m concerned, its great value and wouldnt be without it.I"m like Ross, didnt notice any change in power between Avgas and Premium but didnt notice much difference in consumption.

Comment

Brian.......thanksGot a call this morning from me local soob guy, he had been talking to soob tecko guys for me the other day............anyway.........more info comes to light.Them tecko guys now say.........you can run the soob on 91 oct.........or whatever, the computer will sence what you are asking of your engine, adjust timings and fuel rates to give you max available with what you are drinking it with.Definately low oct, will drop HP, but still fire on. Avgas.........Ok, but not too much of it, a few tanks at a time, no probs.Then i tells him it"s ina gyro ;D.........yea he said, we thought it may have been in an aero, and we know there"s lots of em out there.Lastly Brian..........you praise that flashlube stuff........ok..........but why........just wundering.

Comment

Lastly Brian..........you praise that flashlube stuff........ok..........but why........just wundering. RussWell Russ, I have been using it for at least 5 plus years and during that time, I have had no problems with my 2.2 thats now got more than 3,000 on it.One instance I can give you, the ground crew"s motor bikes and the gyro were using the same drum of rubbish [unleaded], the day was hot [approx 40C plus], the blokes were having all sorts of problems starting and getting their bikes to idle [Honda 600"s] and we were all a bit concerned about the gyro"s ability to run safely.The sooby stared and ran without a drama, flew all day and the next etc etc Now, it could well have been the superior tuning of the computer handling all the stuff. Who knows. I also use it in all my tractors /bikes etc, basically, I add the stuff to my bulk tanks [diesel and petrol] before they are filled so it goes in everything and I have had stuff all to no problems in anything. When I first started using the diesel version of Flashlube, I was able to do a bit of a test over a few runs of 800k"s and with Flashlube, I reckoned I was getting about a 10 /15 % gain in power and fuel economy.BTW, Russ, dont try diesel mate in the 2.2, the computer cant handle that and I think All can vouch for that.

Comment

Just ask the dpt of lands [ or wotever them public sevants call um selves now] for a pastoral map for NT/WA.If i have to burn normal crap UL petrol, i mix a double amount of flaslube. Seems to make that crap near as good as premium.I use it in premium mainly coz of the lube side of it, but it dose improve

Comment

Russ, If we take the sensors out like the knock sensor

Comment

Tim McClure is the one to talk to regarding sensors etc and computers. I use the Wolf and its served me well although I have heard the SDS is the easiest and best computer around for aircraft.I would not disconnect any sensors even though a new oxy sensor isnt cheap nowadays.

Comment

Adrian............i"m sorted to "Southern Cross".........so which way is now the best

Comment

Russ,Next stop would be Wyalkatchem shire strip. 1500m sealed.

Comment

Who the hell dreamed up that "Wyalkat******"

Comment

Working...
                                X