Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Position of main wheels - ease of flying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well , the gyro , it has a set up on it as the main wheels are as far back , that with a few kgs preassure on the nose it will bring the nose down, as far as taking off i dont see any difficaulty in the take off department, once you get your rotors up to flying speed the nose wheel comes up push the stick forward apply more go go juice just the stick a tweak and and off you , go

Comment

Moving the mains back puts more weight on the front which is not good on rough ground. It also allows the front to track if you come in a bit quick on the ground and dont spot the landing. But if it suits you thats good. Just keep an eye on the front to look for over stressing. Front wheel collapses seem regular occurrances. Ken

Comment

Gidday again All,Been a bit busy, hence the delay.Graham and Des. You are correct. My post should have read "lower" not "raise". Apologies for my slack editing. I stand by my other comments however.I had a student in a sparrowhawk modified RAF who, upon the nosewheel lifting initially, held back pressure on the stick and went to full power. The nose came up bloody fast and the gyro rotated aft and to the right, pivoting around the TAILWHEEL. The rotors hit the ground before I could get forward left stick in, not helped by the fact that full movement was precluded due to rather heafty thighs.All I can say is, be aware of the characteristics of your specific machine before trying techniques that may not be applicable to that machine.That"s it from me on this one.Regards,Waddles.
        Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Allan you point has been noted on my part. Aye you must have grown a bit, to have big thighs in the way mate

Comment

Working...
          X