Rudder trim tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudder trim tabs

I fly a Rosco framed 912 ULS WITH 2700HRS on the clock. There must be plenty of people out there in this machine. Sounds like Birdy is sitting in one. In cruise with 12 degrees on the prop at 4000 rpm it indicates 65 to 70 knots. However you seem to always hold a bit of right pedal. I have seen trim tabs on many machines and am looking for ideas and wondering if this could be the answer...Deano

Welcome Deano.[] Yes, a trim tab is the easiest way. Put the trim tab on the left side of the rudder and bend it out a little until you get it right.The correct and more efficient way with your prop rotation, if I remember correctly the prop rotation of the Rotax 4 bangers, is to increase the offset of the fin. Really, not worth the trouble.O.B. Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Thanks paul have been busy flying, done as you said, not flying crooked anymore.dont end up with aching right leg after a day in the saddle. Deano

Comment

My pleasure Deano.[^]Aussie Paul.[8]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Hey paul.......I know you are up ear, and it's not for the surfing[] givis a call, don't be unsociable MATE[].....RussRDCI've got delicate feelins.....mate[]

Comment

Hi Russell, yes I am up your way. The pressures to fit the final training of an unhappy asra member between the suspensions that asra have imposed on me is a tough call, but we are hanging in there despite the complications.[!]Aussie Paul.[8]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Oh, it's Liarbird Paul, look out!

Comment

your not trying to say you are innocent are you paul???was it all a huge big mistake and you have been wrongly accused and are totally innocent..but what are you doing still training an unhappy ASRA member and dare i say taking money from him or her on the presumtion that you are an instructor,sounds a bit like a doctor practising without a licence to me..VERY RISKY..

Comment

Strange Liarbird has been on the forum today and didn't reply to my post.HE MUST BE INNOCENT!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X