No announcement yet.

Mustering Gyros and H/stabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daj, so many factors to consider when choosing rotors. Its dificult to know that you have the right rotors till you do a few hours in diferent conditions and diferent rotors and once again, there are 100 and one things to consider. You can be over rotored today and next week in totally diferent conditions, be under rotored. Generally good to be a bit over than under'd as most of us arent as demanding as Birdy and have diferent flying capabilities .Certainly, alloys are tougher at scrub cutting than Patroneys and are very consistent across most flight conditions and they are more rigid than the Patroneys. Personally, I have a "love hate relationship " with my Patroneys, they are extra good in rough and turbulent conditions yet let me down when the air gets hot and looses its 'lift'. I find I have to use probably, 18 / 19 litres per hour instead of 15.5 LPH and have to keep the speed up all the time. Glass blades loose more lift in heavy rain than alloys too. I'm not sure that tapered and twisted balades are the best way to go. For my work, I reckon the straight blades and no twist could be better. I hace a 4 ft hub bar coming ....soon and it will be interesting to see the diference a foot longer makes.BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Daj, so many factors to consider when choosing rotors. Its dificult to know that you have the right rotors till you do a few hours in diferent conditions and diferent rotors and once again, there are 100 and one things to consider. You can be over rotored today and next week in totally diferent conditions, be under rotored. Generally good to be a bit over than under'd as most of us arent as demanding as Birdy and have diferent flying capabilities .Certainly, alloys are tougher at scrub cutting than Patroneys and are very consistent across most flight conditions and they are more rigid than the Patroneys. Personally, I have a "love hate relationship " with my Patroneys, they are extra good in rough and turbulent conditions yet let me down when the air gets hot and looses its 'lift'. I find I have to use probably, 18 / 19 litres per hour instead of 15.5 LPH and have to keep the speed up all the time. Glass blades loose more lift in heavy rain than alloys too. I'm not sure that tapered and twisted balades are the best way to go. For my work, I reckon the straight blades and no twist could be better. I hace a 4 ft hub bar coming ....soon and it will be interesting to see the diference a foot longer makes.BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Brian it will be interesting to see the diference a foot longer makes.My wife says just a couple more inches would be great, so I guess a whole foot would be just fantastic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Brian it will be interesting to see the diference a foot longer makes.My wife says just a couple more inches would be great, so I guess a whole foot would be just fantastic.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks guys. I have just started building my Monarch Butterfly and will be using 23' Patroneys. Thankfully the rotor choice was made for me. Watching Waddles, Bones and Birdy fly Patroneys on Waddles' Monarch, the machine appears to be both nimble and "floaty and forgiving" which is just what I want at this stage of my flying. My goal is to have the build finished in a few months, get my licence, and be flying beside you next Easter.daj

Comment

Thanks guys. I have just started building my Monarch Butterfly and will be using 23' Patroneys. Thankfully the rotor choice was made for me. Watching Waddles, Bones and Birdy fly Patroneys on Waddles' Monarch, the machine appears to be both nimble and "floaty and forgiving" which is just what I want at this stage of my flying. My goal is to have the build finished in a few months, get my licence, and be flying beside you next Easter.daj

Comment

Comment

Comment

Will let you know Graeme [][]BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X