No announcement yet.

Vertical decent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh Alex, i'm ere, but i can't realy get a grasp of your point.I'll admit i asked a pretty simple question, and got alota complicated and off track answers, but i eventualy got wot i was after. That being the greatest teetering action is happening at the highest airspeed. [as opposed to min AS under full power, which was the oppposing argument i got origionaly.]The refreance to virtical decents was only a way of pointing out the opposite extream, ie; no teetering action.And yes, gyros are perfectly safe in a true virtical decent, with or with out power, solong as you never let it go backwards.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Yeh Alex, i'm ere, but i can't realy get a grasp of your point.I'll admit i asked a pretty simple question, and got alota complicated and off track answers, but i eventualy got wot i was after. That being the greatest teetering action is happening at the highest airspeed. [as opposed to min AS under full power, which was the oppposing argument i got origionaly.]The refreance to virtical decents was only a way of pointing out the opposite extream, ie; no teetering action.And yes, gyros are perfectly safe in a true virtical decent, with or with out power, solong as you never let it go backwards.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Good morning Birdy; the bit where you said "[as opposed to min AS under full power, which was the oppposing argument i got origionaly.]" seem to tie in the discussion and help the rest of us understand the point of the querie.Seeing as we are on this thread. and I would like to know. :"how would impacting the teeter stops be indicated to the pilot at max fwd velocity and at max power min airspeed?"i could imagine that there would be stick feed back with some vibration coming down the mast, please make some comment.AJGyro Gearloose

Comment

Good morning Birdy; the bit where you said "[as opposed to min AS under full power, which was the oppposing argument i got origionaly.]" seem to tie in the discussion and help the rest of us understand the point of the querie.Seeing as we are on this thread. and I would like to know. :"how would impacting the teeter stops be indicated to the pilot at max fwd velocity and at max power min airspeed?"i could imagine that there would be stick feed back with some vibration coming down the mast, please make some comment.AJGyro Gearloose

Comment

Comment

Comment

"how would impacting the teeter stops be indicated to the pilot at max fwd velocity "I think you may be askn the wrong bloke Alex, i'm just a simple cow grower who dose abit of flyn. But, as i see it, if there was inadiquate teetering room, the feedback would be a hammering through the stick.As for the "and at max power min airspeed?" , there should be no teetering feed back coz its not teetering much at all. The only feedback you'll get at min AS is a pulse, felt more through the machine, as the rotor baldes pass through the prop wash.However, if you apply hard rudder when on full power and min AS, you can start to outrun the rotors, coz wot your tryn to make them do is change their flight parth at too greater rate, coupled with the decreased rrpm.[ alot of the machines weight is on the prop] The rotors will respond by a twice per rev 'resistance', indicating that your cyclic demands are getn close to their limits. If you keep pushn them past this point, then you may hit the stops.As i say, these are only the rambleings of a SCG, dont take it as right. Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

"how would impacting the teeter stops be indicated to the pilot at max fwd velocity "I think you may be askn the wrong bloke Alex, i'm just a simple cow grower who dose abit of flyn. But, as i see it, if there was inadiquate teetering room, the feedback would be a hammering through the stick.As for the "and at max power min airspeed?" , there should be no teetering feed back coz its not teetering much at all. The only feedback you'll get at min AS is a pulse, felt more through the machine, as the rotor baldes pass through the prop wash.However, if you apply hard rudder when on full power and min AS, you can start to outrun the rotors, coz wot your tryn to make them do is change their flight parth at too greater rate, coupled with the decreased rrpm.[ alot of the machines weight is on the prop] The rotors will respond by a twice per rev 'resistance', indicating that your cyclic demands are getn close to their limits. If you keep pushn them past this point, then you may hit the stops.As i say, these are only the rambleings of a SCG, dont take it as right. Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by birdy"how would impacting the teeter stops be indicated to the pilot at max fwd velocity "I think you may be askn the wrong bloke Alex, i'm just a simple cow grower who dose abit of flyn. But, as i see it, if there was inadiquate teetering room, the feedback would be a hammering through the stick.As for the "and at max power min airspeed?" , there should be no teetering feed back coz its not teetering much at all. The only feedback you'll get at min AS is a pulse, felt more through the machine, as the rotor baldes pass through the prop wash.However, if you apply hard rudder when on full power and min AS, you can start to outrun the rotors, coz wot your tryn to make them do is change their flight parth at too greater rate, coupled with the decreased rrpm.[ alot of the machines weight is on the prop] The rotors will respond by a twice per rev 'resistance', indicating that your cyclic demands are getn close to their limits. If you keep pushn them past this point, then you may hit the stops.As i say, these are only the rambleings of a SCG, dont take it as right. Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.Spot on Birdy.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by birdy"how would impacting the teeter stops be indicated to the pilot at max fwd velocity "I think you may be askn the wrong bloke Alex, i'm just a simple cow grower who dose abit of flyn. But, as i see it, if there was inadiquate teetering room, the feedback would be a hammering through the stick.As for the "and at max power min airspeed?" , there should be no teetering feed back coz its not teetering much at all. The only feedback you'll get at min AS is a pulse, felt more through the machine, as the rotor baldes pass through the prop wash.However, if you apply hard rudder when on full power and min AS, you can start to outrun the rotors, coz wot your tryn to make them do is change their flight parth at too greater rate, coupled with the decreased rrpm.[ alot of the machines weight is on the prop] The rotors will respond by a twice per rev 'resistance', indicating that your cyclic demands are getn close to their limits. If you keep pushn them past this point, then you may hit the stops.As i say, these are only the rambleings of a SCG, dont take it as right. Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.Spot on Birdy.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Comment

Comment

I would imagine that this one has run its course, Birdy, thanks for the clue in text as to what a SCG is.But I still cant figure out "IOW" perhaps in your leasure you can let me know.I think it is time to start another thread maybe.By the way birdy your keyboard has had some keys swaped about coz it keeeps maykin typoh's cheers.ajGyro Gearloose

Comment

Working...
                                X