No announcement yet.

Little Wing build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I had one on a single seat back in the early 90"s and it worked well.I just fill it by draining from the main tank and pump back to the main tank when I need it.

Comment

"I just fill it by draining from the main tank and pump back to the main tank when I need it."Can"t see how that helps, but if it makes you feel better, I guess its OK.Graham(sorry, must be the whisky...)

Comment

Just curious Murray.I recall when you described your building of "Tugger", you originally had it as a taildragger design.I believe you said that "due to a number of reasons" you changed the design to a trike undercarriage.Now, obviously, the Little Wing is a taildragger.What were the reasons that you ditched the taildragger design on "Tugger" but you don"t seem to mind on your Little Wing?I"ve noticed that taildragger gyros tend to take off differently (i.e. they can"t rotate on the maingear) and so tend to do a "tail take-off" (much like a tail-first landing, which, I believe can cause issues if you muck it up!) Are taildragger gyros generally built with reinforcing on the tailwheel for the added stress on take-off?Thanks again.

Comment

Few more pics In the paintshop.Paint was "Autothane" two pack
          Attached Files

Comment

Start of assembly
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Few more
                Attached Files

Comment

murray whats the bolted on piece at the front of the prop? 007 secret weapon.

Comment

Hi Muzz,

Comment

Tony thats what the spinner bolts on to.The gyro is basically finished now,just waiting for some time off so I can fly it.

Comment

just saw the rego number reminder on the dash.......nice touch.....Art

Comment

Trust it will fly better than that one you, Allan & Mark tried at Wongan Hills Nationals.

Comment

yeah murray it does look good . a distance shot now would be good too.

Comment

Will post some wide shots soon.Des, got that "aircraft" to 183 kph,but if I would have gotten rid of the ballast(sorry Graeme) It would have topped 190.I love the smell of burning brakes in the morning.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Will post some wide shots soon.Des, got that "aircraft" to 183 kph,but if I would have gotten rid of the ballast(sorry Graeme) It would have topped 190.I love the smell of burning brakes in the morning.....I have been called a lot of odd things over the years, but never "ballast".Graeme.

Comment

Working...
                                X